Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Default BIG PROBLEM Screencapture F12 freezes up CoD guaranteed

Hi,
This occurs on the default sim installed from Steam as well as the modded versions. I had hoped this would cease when opting for the Team Fusion MODs but so far, and I am on mod4.0 as I progress through trying them, it hasnt. It is fundamental to the sim as such.

I have set screen capture to F12 as per thread on what works for such, choose quick mission and start taking stills, (F2 to go external, f10 to activate mouse to move about, F11 to pause TrackIR5 [was F9 in TrackIR but sim uses that so made it F11 ] )

CoD has Printscreen for screencapture as default setting but it did nothing. F12 works, its the Steam button folks say and works, though I had a few which were unrecognised by image progs afterwards. no more instances of that since then, which is something to be grateful for !

I can when doing so sometimes manage 7, then everything freezes, only way out is ctrl alt delete and task manager, end task launcher.exe sometimes I can manage just one or two, I can guarantee it will freeze.

It does make the stills.

I see I get a jpg into the Steam folder on D drive ( have my sim installed to D:\Steam and I have copied out the CoD folder direct to D drive to install mods to )

I see I also get a bmp file into the screenshots folder over at C:\Users\MyName\MyDocuments\1c Softclub\IL2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover

Why is the act of making screenshots locking up the sim ?

I went for a two hour flight deliberately avoiding stills making and went external a few times, pausing rotating, trackir pausing, F10 and F2 usage, all was well. decided to end flight myself.

I then tried for another and stills, and after two uses of F12 it was freeze time !

Video card is the latest nukes all others game-changer as it was called, GeForce GTX 970 4Gb ram with latest driver (as at mid Oct 2014), PC is brand new and built for power 32GB ram, win 7 64bit pro,
Processor is Intel Core i7 4790, 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 3.6GHz, 4GHz Turbo, 5 GT/s DMI, 1200MHz GPU, 84W, Retail

BOBC
Old 12-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Is F12 your STEAM screenshot key?

If so, then it's a conflict with steam and cliffs.

Try installing a third party application such as shadowplay (NVidia only) or fraps and taking screenshots with that. The shots will be of higher quality too.