Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Default Chino Warbirds 2012

Here's a clip of some fly-by stuff, not BoB but purty darn cool!
Crank it up to 1080 HD full screen
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

I grew up just a few miles away from Chino..

As a kid I would be out feeding the horses and a P51, F4u, B25, P38, etc would fly over my house all the time.. As a kid I just figured eveyone had WWII planes flying over thier house.. I use to ride my bike over to Chino and watch the guys restore the planes. It wasnt until I was much older that I realised how lucky I was! As a mater of fact, when I decided to move in 2006, one of the biggest reasons to not move was Chino! It is about the only things I miss about CA!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Many thanks for posting.

NZ also is the home of Peter Jackson's WW1 aircraft creations.

He of movie fame and Dam Buster remake. And something to do with Lord of the Rings...

Has the NZ Air Force been disbanded?

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

They might as well do just that Avro, there's no fighter wing now hasn't been for a number of years since they mothballed the Skyhawks. A lot of the pilots I believe went and joined the Australian Air Force. About the only thing NZ Air Force has now is a Transport wing and maintainence unit, if the pilots want single engine flying they fly their own or pilot for someone else at air shows( apart from their red checkers display unit which I believe is also used for pilot training). Our A/F is mainly used now for transporting troops, coastal servailance, search and resque and transporting VIP's. But yes they are finally mothballing their Hewey's and getting some modern helicoptors. On the bright side we do have a couple of very good air shows, one at Wanaka and the other at Omaka (both in the South Island). Both run every 2 years, Wanaka was at Easter this year and Omaka Easter next year. Omaka is very WW1 orientated (son and I went last year and enjoyed it enough to book our accommodation again for next year) here's the web site for you to have a look at.

http://www.classicfighters.co.nz/cla...hters-news.php

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

At one stage the running joke was that the most effective fighter force in NZ was the Alpine Fighter Collection's bevy of restored Polikarpov I-16's

In reality New Zealand has no aircraft carrier and no immediate local threats requiring any sort of fighter commitment.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Your'e right there Galway, but we've got a few Spitfires a hurricane,Corsair,Yak3,P51,P40's and a collection of WW1 stuff. We can still frighten the hell out of a lot of seagulls.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
8gig DDR3 Ram
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
Windows 7 64bit
1280 x 960 Resolution

Last edited by RickRuski; 05-10-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Your'e right there Galway, but we've got a few Spitfires a hurricane,Corsair,Yak3,P51,P40's and a collection of WW1 stuff. We can still frighten the hell out of a lot of seagulls.
You guys also have two flying de Havilland Vampires.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Approved Member

Very true, also about 4 -SE5a's , Mosquito, Fw190. By the way the Fw190 was supposed to have flown in the 2011 Omaka Classic Fighters but had trouble practice day, It took off and we thought good it will come back across the Airfield with a high speed run shortly but no. It dissapeared into the distance and was over 30min before it came back and landed. The word was that it had landing gear problem and there was a possibility that it might have to have wheels up landing. From what the rumor was is that a relay operating the landing gear solonoid was faulty and after the pilot had called for help on the issue the relay was able to be by-passed and he got the gear down and locked. That was the end of the Fw190 display for the weekend. They have everything going sweet now and are all set for Easter 2013.

Yippee I'll be there

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
8gig DDR3 Ram
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
Windows 7 64bit
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
I grew up just a few miles away from Chino..

As a kid I would be out feeding the horses and a P51, F4u, B25, P38, etc would fly over my house all the time.. As a kid I just figured eveyone had WWII planes flying over thier house.. I use to ride my bike over to Chino and watch the guys restore the planes. It wasnt until I was much older that I realised how lucky I was! As a mater of fact, when I decided to move in 2006, one of the biggest reasons to not move was Chino! It is about the only things I miss about CA!

Oh brother! I can just see my mother having a bird because I would be living down there at those hangars from the age of 5. I would be asking every day, "When ya gunna get a 109 Mr.?"

Last edited by Richie; 05-10-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Typhoon Documentary

Nicknamed the Tiffy in RAF slang, the Typhoon's service introduction in mid-1941 was also plagued with problems,
and for several months the aircraft faced a doubtful future.However,
in 1941 the Luftwaffe brought the formidable Focke-Wulf Fw 190 into service:
the Typhoon was the only fighter in the RAF inventory capable of catching the Fw 190 at low altitudes and, as a result,
secured a new role as a low-altitude interceptor.
Through the support of pilots such as Roland Beamont the Typhoon also established itself in roles such as night-time intruder and a long-range fighter. From late 1942
the Typhoon was equipped with bombs; from late 1943 ground attack rockets were added to the Typhoon's armoury.
Using these two weapons, the Typhoon became one of the Second World War's most successful ground-attack aircraft.

Interesting documentary.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 05-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.