Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Thanks for posting all this
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

i tried to research info on hartmans breakdowns but theres none

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
i tried to research info on hartmans breakdowns but theres none
who said he had them?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
who said he had them?
It is skirted upon in the blonde knight of Germany. If true or not, who could blame him? 11 years in Soviet Prison camps...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
It is skirted upon in the blonde knight of Germany. If true or not, who could blame him? 11 years in Soviet Prison camps...
I don't have that book, so i didn't know that.
The only Pilots i did read about Breakdowns the Luftwaffe called it "abgeflogen"(today we call it PTSD) were Nowotny and Marseille.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
No pilot remains, he survived.
Oops sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
The plane was abandoned later. The holes are most likely caused by a German grenade, trying to render the plane useless before they took a run.
I don't think that the whole was made by an Hand Grenade it doesn't fit the splinter and explosion pattern, imho it looks more like a whole by a 20mm or some similiar caliber which went thru without detonation.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't think that the whole was made by an Hand Grenade it doesn't fit the splinter and explosion pattern, imho it looks more like a whole by a 20mm or some similiar caliber which went thru without detonation.
Did you notice the peppering holes in the fuselage just below the canopy area, looks like it was associated with the hole in the wing.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

oh i didnt know marseille had a nervous breakdown as well

this seems to be covered up due to hero worship

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Hartmann didn't exactly break down, he merely drank far too much.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Default He219 found

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...eo?INTCMP=SRCH

of the coast of Denmark.

Imho, awesome news, I love that aircraft for the looks alone. Good to have one in Europe now. (and hopefully a restauration awaits)

http://politiken.dk/newsinenglish/EC...nd-in-denmark/

Danish divers and the Aviation History Society (DFS) of Denmark have recovered a rare World War II German night-fighter off the northern Jutland peninsula and are to restore the aircraft.

The only known other full example of the aircraft is said to be in the United States, where it was taken following the war after it and two other of the aircraft were confiscated by US Army Intelligence Service from the Grove Air Force Base in Jutland, Denmark.

One of the more advanced aircraft to be built during WWII, it was the first military aircraft in the world to be equipped with ejection seats and was equipped with an effective VHF intercept radar designed to seek out and attack allied bombers. It is also said to be one of the first operational aircraft with cockpit pressurisation.

Found in the Tannis Bay between Hirtshals and Skagen in Denmark, the plane’s tricycle landing gear gave it away.

“Landing gear is just like a fingerprint on humans, but I found it difficult to believe that we had such a rare aircraft in Denmark,” says DFS Chairman and aircraft archaeologist Ib Lødsen adding the recovery was like waiting for a Christmas present.

“It was so exciting. You never know whether you’re going to get what you want. I was a little disappointed,” he adds, saying that wires to the aircraft’s instruments had been cut, suggesting that someone had tampered with the aircraft previously.

The only parts of the aircraft that remain to be found are one of its two engines and part of the tail, which probably included the aircraft number, which in turn would help determine why the aircraft ended up in Tannis Bay.

The aircraft is now to be transported to the Garrison Museum in Aalborg where it is to be restored and exhibited.

“People interested in aircraft will come from all over to see it. It’s something of a sensation,” Lødsen says.

Only some 294 of the aircraft, which was nicknamed Eagle-Owl, were ever built for the Luftwaffe. The Heinkel HE-219 in the United States, which until now was said to be the last existing aircraft of its type, was flown from Denmark to Cherbourg in France in 1945 where it was packed aboard the British aircraft carrier HMS Reaper and taken to America as part of the Lusty intelligence operation to glean technical information from German aircraft.

The exhibit is currently at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum annex at Washington Dulles Airport.

Last edited by Bewolf; 04-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.