Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Blenheim Bomb Bay Doors Issue.

Hi
I have only tried out the Blenheim so far for bombing and have a few questions.

I have mapped the bomb bay doors top my CH Fighterstick and everything seems good apart from this one issue. When in the cockpit the bomb bay doors open and close as they should but when in the bombers position they open and then close immediately. It's not a major issue as I just bounce back to the cockpit and open them there, but it would be easier to do it in the bomber position.

Also with the Blenheim bomb aimer I am almost there with getting things on target but I am having trouble with the slip part. If after trimming I have a slip to the left of 1.5-2.0 do I move the bombsight to the right to counter the slip or into the slip?
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

lets hope sometime in the future the Blenheim will get historical bombbaydoors, they were opened by the weight of the bombs - there was no " open/close" bombbaydoors in a real one

that 1C is almost able to programm that shows the Ju88 ( last official STEAM version !!), but in the Junkers they should not open/close automaticly..........
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Approved Member

Oh, wow, Meusli, I think you've answered a big, big question I had in the past, regarding Blen Bombing. I always wondered If my bombs would really explode on impact with the ground - but the problem might as well have been due to the bombs not even getting out of the plane, because of this issue...
I always play on ATAG, with no external views, hence I didn't, or couldn't really realize that...

(little request @ ATAG guys to allow at least personal external view, as long as such bugs are present, included )
Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

As far as I know, this isn't a bug. The pilot has to open the doors, the bomb aimer drops them. This is also true if you're muti-crewing the 'plane with a friend or two.

Best thing to do is open the doors before you go to the bomb-aimer's seat.

The height and speed settings of the sight can also be input from the pilot's seat, so input all your sight parameters and open the doors before hopping into the front seat and you're all sorted.

Personally, I've never used the sideslip function as I thought this was only necessary with a cross wind, which isn't currently included in any ATAG missions. Correct me if I'm wrong here someone.

As far as the bomb door issue is concerned, this may be some game programming problem, because the British bombs do not require fusing as such. Consequently if the bombs hit the bomb doors to open them, the bombs would go off. With the electrically fused German bombs, there's a delay before they're armed so it's not an issue. Just a theory of my own of course. Could be completely wrong.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

as i said, they 'just' have to put the bombdoor code of the Ju88 in the Blenheim.....try to find a bombdoor opening switch/handle in the Blenheim
Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
.....try to find a bombdoor opening switch/handle in the Blenheim
I know. There isn't one. There shouldn't be one.

What I mean is that I don't think it's the doors that are the issue in the game, it's the bombs being already fused. In the 88, the bombs are armed a few seconds after drop, so it's not an issue for them. So giving the Blen the same doors as the 88 would still result in exploding bombs in the bomb-bay. It's the bombs, not the doors in the game. They couldn't find a way to program both the correct fuse operation on the British bombs, and the spring retracted bay doors.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

its still a game..... the doors in the blenheim are opening very fast already, compared to the Ju88's ones. The door open command just should be activated with the bombrelease command, and it should work good enough i guess. future will tell.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
As far as I know, this isn't a bug. The pilot has to open the doors, the bomb aimer drops them. This is also true if you're muti-crewing the 'plane with a friend or two.

Best thing to do is open the doors before you go to the bomb-aimer's seat.

[...]

As far as the bomb door issue is concerned, this may be some game programming problem, because the British bombs do not require fusing as such. Consequently if the bombs hit the bomb doors to open them, the bombs would go off. With the electrically fused German bombs, there's a delay before they're armed so it's not an issue. Just a theory of my own of course. Could be completely wrong.
Concerning the first point: Opening and immediately closing bomb bay doors *is* a bug (except the bungee bomb drop method is implemented in conjunction with that bungee bomb bay behaviour) . There's no arguing about that with me . I'm with you that you can, and probably should, apply your procedure (which is the current method to bomb things in the Blenheim), but the issue as it stands right now is just done wrong.

Second point: You're speaking of the other situation, that the bomb bays shouldn't need to be opened by key in the first place - but forced open by the weight of the bombs; Bungee-style, right?
Well, you should be on the right track here - opening the BB doors from the bombardier's seat could look suspiciously like the not-(yet?)-implemented bungee method.
But I don't think we should be forced to make any compromise about that. I'm positive that this can be solved just fine by the average, interested high-school graduate...

P.S.: I wonder which possibilities the elusive SDK will bring onto the table. I'm getting more and more interested in that one!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

OK. The fact that you can't open and close bomb doors from anywhere but the pilot's seat could be construed as a bug I suppose.

I do agree that it would be nice if the Blen dropped as it did in reality.
I was offering an explanation as to why it's not the case whilst offering advice on how to currently manage the 'issues' in the game.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 08-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

With the final Patch this issue is solved. Just hit "drop bombs" button/key.

The Bomb Bay open with bombs weight, and close due action of "bungee cords" - as IRL.

See at 2:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oUcL2B3ipXI

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 10-22-2012 at 03:38 AM.