Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
Interesting....what would happen if you were to climb up to one of these 2d clouds that we see in the video? Would it just disappear or would the windows fog up for a few seconds?
hmm

Might have to revise the 2d statement

"We have coded with the idea of four dimensions rather then two, adding our newly-invented technology called "Weather Cubed". Weather Cubed looks at all areas surrounding the aircraft.
We give many configuration of these settings within the configuration manager, but many of these features are now handled internally with the use of the weather data platform we have in place.
Since most of the processes run outside of FSX/P3D, we are able to compute complex math processes in order to help the weather engine apply as much realism as possible.
"

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/essweather.html

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 08-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
hmm

Might have to revise the 2d statement

"We have coded with the idea of four dimensions rather then two, adding our newly-invented technology called "Weather Cubed". Weather Cubed looks at all areas surrounding the aircraft.
We give many configuration of these settings within the configuration manager, but many of these features are now handled internally with the use of the weather data platform we have in place.
Since most of the processes run outside of FSX/P3D, we are able to compute complex math processes in order to help the weather engine apply as much realism as possible.
"

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/essweather.html
Could this ever be put in this sim if the Devs wanted it in? I have it for FSX and it looks awesome.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

How about get rid of the ridiculous setup in quick mission .Lets have a quick mission setup like in 1946 where you can just pick your plane ,enemy and fly ? With the current one , Almost every time I fly the fiat g50 it has german markings with no way to change it .Markings should be easy to change , it shouldn't be rocket science .
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
How about get rid of the ridiculous setup in quick mission .Lets have a quick mission setup like in 1946 where you can just pick your plane ,enemy and fly ? With the current one , Almost every time I fly the fiat g50 it has german markings with no way to change it .Markings should be easy to change , it shouldn't be rocket science .
+1, I believe they have said that they are working on the ui for BoM so we will see

Certainly needs to be improved but I would say its rather low down on the list of things that need to be improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

I have REX Essentials and say what you will about it but I swear to god, the first time I flew in to a thunderstorm (downloaded in real-time from weather stations) I almost pooped my pants. I was flying between two massive towering cloud layers over high mountains in Slovakia and the plane was shaking all over, purple-ish lightning strikes lit up the whole cockpit. It was one of the most immersive and realistic (I guess) experiences I've had as a flight simmer. I don't know how realistic everything is, I'm not a pilot nor a meteorologist but man was it fun and almost terrifying at the same time, had to switch the seatbelts switch on so none of the passengers would hurt themselves and complain after landing, stuff like that goes on record with the Captain of The Ship expansion for the A2A B377, can hurt your career stats. Anywho, here's hoping for some new weather scenarios for the new IL-2 series.

P.S Here's a couple of shots from a few days ago, taken at Vaasa airport with real-time weather...yes the weather was really that bad

Also, this is where I spend a lot -if not most- of my time flying the B377, all systems are modeled, no fluff. I love it! (sorry if a bit OT)

Last edited by addman; 08-07-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
So now that the game is running well for a lot of people we need to get that weather system up and running soooo... lets say next by next Friday I want to see some good old British weather

No pressure
+1 and finally somebody does have understood this problem. About Luthier statement, we know about it but meanwhile we'are wainting for the sequel, we could have at least somenthing about the new sky and clouds for CoD, even if only a WIP...or we have to considere the possibility that after 15 months we still have only the "cottons" from IL2?

So an improvement in CoD weather even if only "static" is a must to have for a credible Channel, and to not be joked again.

Don't say we have to pay for new clouds, because we have already do it for something different from IL2...that is called Cliffs of Dover.

Move on...

...please.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 08-08-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot_20110423_135017.jpg (79.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
So now that the game is running well for a lot of people we need to get that weather system up and running soooo... lets say next by next Friday I want to see some good old British weather

No pressure

No pressure

What, not even 1013.25mB?

Seriously though, two things come to mind. One is the possible fps hit for many players (Clouds server setting will have to be On)

The other, loosely connected, is it would be nice if the altimeter setting was adjustable by 0.01mB's so we could set 1013.25mB just for test purposes. No big deal really but probably easy to implement.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpzorg View Post
/
Please tell me that's from a mission you just made and not an old pic!

@Klem

I like your way of thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Please tell me that's from a mission you just made and not an old pic!
Yes, it's from old version and it isn't my pic, but you can make such weather now.