Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

A good question

However, this save transfer plight seems to affect a lot of people. It might be prudent to consider a possibility of a save transfer, but still, I can't see how that could be done. It is not an MMORPG where you simply add new skills to the existing ones and add new areas with new units and new content to avoid this kind of problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

I don't know why the new content is so incompatible with the old stuff. There are plenty of games with DLC's that add new content. Look at Fallout 3 for example. It had DLC's that added new items, new perks, higher level cap, etc.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

After I played OOTM for a while, I can see why.

Since the shops are populated by troops, items and spells from the get-go (game start), I see no way to add some new in there through the save. Many games with DLC do not have the randomness this game provides, or they have a repetitive randomness (each time you visit a shop, it has different stuff), which would allow for DLC packs to be implemented with new items.

There is also the matter of overall runes received throughout the game and the lack of ability to re-spec. If they add more skills but the rune amount remains the same, one would feel at a strong disadvantage. Even if there is no level cap in KBCW (there wasn't one in KBAP either), the reduced amount of runes by 50% will make it very hard to obtain one or all of the newly added skills.

Also, if you already took all the maps, I'm not sure the game can just generate one somewhere, somehow, to get you to the new area.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

I can see where you guys are coming from, but remember they said it was an expansion to the original KBAP campaign - and then they clarified that this meant new units, a couple new quests, and some new spells.

If you could somehow skip to just the new quests, I doubt you'd have more than a few hours of gameplay there - especially at your high level given the save game transfer. So you'd transfer, play a few hours, tinker with some new stuff (assuming they plopped it all in front of you with a few vendors) and then get bored (and some people would complain it didn't add enough, probably).

IMO the gameplay from this expansion comes from the fact that all these new elements are interwoven in the new campaign, giving it a fresh experience (but not "new") and increasing the replay value.

As for me, I started with the champion mode (and was surprised how fast I beat it on normal) and then blew through the boss arena. Those were fun, but my real fun didn't start until I restarted KBAP with the new Orcs mod on it and I have to say it's great fun. I remember the original well enough to be delighted by all the little tweaks every time I run into them.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Info

Hi,
i'm Italian and i bought all KB games, but i bought the wonderful FX Interactive version , that are subtitled in italian...now i think Crossworld will not be translated, so i ask you: if i Buy a steam version (english only if i rememebr correct) of crossworld ..can i play it having my Armored princess FX version installed on my pc?
sry bad english....
Thanks