Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 11-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

Default Bf-109E-7/Z 's GM-1 not working?

I'm on stock 4.13.4 with all complex engine management options "on".

At 7000m in reasonably straight and level flight over water, it seems that engaging GM-1 has almost no effect on top speed.

I'm not a total noob, and I am watching true airspeed and altitude in "cockpit off" view. I go to 110% throttle and let the airspeed reach a max(ish) value while trimming to maintain level flight. Then I engage GM-1. Nothing. It says GM-1 on the HUD, but see no effect on speed at all.

I tried again on version 4.09. The boost in speed was quite noticeable when GM-1 was engaged (~30km/h but nothing like the "advertised" 80 km/hr). Problem seems to occur starting around version 4.10. Does anyone have any more info, or can prove me wrong?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I'm getting the same, I don't see any effect at all though it says GM-1 enabled.

I don't know if there is a connection, but back in the 4.11 guide it stated that "The Ta152 H-1 now has working GM-1 injection". However, when you activate boost, the display says MW50, not GM-1. Maybe they were trying a work-around there but overlooked it in the Bf109E-7/Z.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

I saw that too. On Ta152H, MW50 works below a certain altitude (8 or 9000 meters?). Above that altitude, you can switch to GM-1. I tested on the Ta-152 and there does seem to be working GM-1, albeit a bit anemic.