Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Wolf Rider is correct, EVGA precision tool has a built in fps limiter. Free download from EVGA, works with all Nvidia based cards. For all those that haven't tried precision tool you don't know what you're missing.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YoYo_ View Post
But ATI hasnt this option. Better way to do this in option of menu of the game for me like in RoF.
I believe you can use MSI Afterburner with ATI cards as well, I haven' t tried frame rate limiting with it yet, but I will.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Wolf Rider is correct, EVGA precision tool has a built in fps limiter. Free download from EVGA, works with all Nvidia based cards. For all those that haven't tried precision tool you don't know what you're missing.
+1.
I have been using Precision by EVGA for quite some time, some features I really like:
1: Custom fan curves - I use a custom fan curve to control the fan speed on my card, keeps it cooler than the default and relatively quiet,
2: The monitoring - I have the added benefit of having a Logitech G19 keyboard with LCD display, so I can monitor what I want and have it displayed in the lcd display on my keyboard - what I usually monitor is temp, fan speed, vram usage, and framerates. You can also choose to monitor it on screen.
3: The aforementioned frame rate limiter, it works very well. They refer to it as "frame rate target", but it really is a limiter, the target you set is the limit of the fps.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Reading this post I tried Nvidea's 'Adaptive Half Frame Rate' Vsync option (Driver 301.24 - Vsync disabled in CloD) and was very impressed with the results, especially in MP. Locked at 30fps and didn't budge - very smooth!

Good thread..........thanks guys.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Reading this post I tried Nvidea's 'Adaptive Half Frame Rate' Vsync option (Driver 301.24 - Vsync disabled in CloD) and was very impressed with the results, especially in MP. Locked at 30fps and didn't budge - very smooth!

Good thread..........thanks guys.

+1
I also tried this, and it locked it in at 30 fps and there was no pausing or jumping except with effects like smoke and fire with I think are still not optimized correctly.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

sorry guys, but I am no expert and I don't understand what's the advantage of an FPS limiter.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

No need to FPS limiter anymore. The stutters now aren't so related with graphics. With particles system problems solved, the sim will run great!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
sorry guys, but I am no expert and I don't understand what's the advantage of an FPS limiter.
The theory is that if you lessen the range that your FPS can jump you will have smoother game play, example I can range from 0 to 120 FPS at times in game, now if I limit to 30 FPS I would see less pausing or stuttering if some event happens to cause a jump in FPS.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
The theory is that if you lessen the range that your FPS can jump you will have smoother game play, example I can range from 0 to 120 FPS at times in game, now if I limit to 30 FPS I would see less pausing or stuttering if some event happens to cause a jump in FPS.
aaah I see, stabilising the FPS would somehow increase performance, I suppose it makes sense, interesting!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
aaah I see, stabilising the FPS would somehow increase performance, I suppose it makes sense, interesting!

You can argue whether its a really fix or it just fools your eye because the eye cant detect the smaller jumps, in my head it seems to help Try it out...