Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Just a shame it is inaccurate and misleading.

Running Windows 7 (x64), trackir, fraps, teamspeak & CoD i have never maxed out my 4 GB of RAM. Suggesting 8 GB is needed is inaccurate.

Also saying FSB speed of 1333 is a minimum requirement is untrue.

Also quad core might be desirable, but it is not essential by any means. My dual core E8400 running at 3.6Ghz does just fine.. neither core gets utilised more than 60%.

The only thing roughly right is the graphic card section. But here there are also mistakes. The GTX 480 gets higher benchmarks than the GTX 570, so saying the 570 is optimum is inaccurate.. the 580 & 590 are the optimum cards, but the 480 & 570 will still run the game on High settings. (i known nothing about ATI cards)

You just need tons of VRAM and a well setup BIOS/PC to get smooth gameplay.
I was thinking the same thing as you lol a little knowledge can be dangerous when in the wrong hands lol. Until game is finished we wont know the actual requirments to run.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post

That extra 500MB should make a big difference.. get Win7 64bit!
I just did...