Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Ali Fish

i think we should put this post to rest please

Given how we and the game have been treated. its coming together nicely. lets get on the positive tip please. nobody deserves any insults. what was is no longer. a mess to start with, and now a blossoming rose of sorts. a whole garden of them. The patches are rolling along nicely. its going to get better by the week. I plan on just only presenting praise for the project in future simply because it really deserves praise now its actually functional with some quibles.

Suggest we all at the very least try similar.

Realise how great this actually is. Ok so the game isnt complete. We get the opportunity to watch it grow and provide feedback. thats just great imo. i look forward to the coming months with baited breath at just what goodies may be in store for us. woohoo !

Last edited by Ali Fish; 04-24-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
i think we should put this post to rest please

Given how we and the game have been treated. its coming together nicely. lets get on the positive tip please. nobody deserves any insults. what was is no longer. a mess to start with, and now a blossoming rose of sorts. a whole garden of them. The patches are rolling along nicely. its going to get better by the week. I plan on just only presenting praise for the project in future simply because it really deserves praise now its actually functional with some quibles.

Suggest we all at the very least try similar.

Realise how great this actually is. Ok so the game isnt complete. We get the opportunity to watch it grow and provide feedback. thats just great imo. i look forward to the coming months with baited breath at just what goodies may be in store for us. woohoo !
Extremely very good post indeed Mr. AliFish.

I now have it working superbly with all graphics features maxed out.

It's awesome, lke the dictionary definition. It fills me with awe.

It can only get better from here.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Has anyone looked at YouTube and seen all the videos made of this sim in the last few days?
I think the devs read threads like this and .

This is a good sim and its getting better.

There are thing happening in this sim that has never happened in flight sims before.

Just the detail to do this sim, with a small group working on CoD would take years.

Just set back and enjoy the sim.

flyer01
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

Unless you WANT the game to fail.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
I think you have lost your mind. That or you have some kind of interest at stake here. Or you have been drinking.

Go take a walk around the block and meet the human race, Youv been staring at screens to long. Even in my drinking days I would never hold customers responsable for a product the manufacturer loused up.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF77 View Post
I think you have lost your mind.
You've been staring at screens to long.
We get a lot of 'em here mate.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Warning! We have been through this before!

I wonder if the haters remember Il2 when it was released some 10 years ago? If my memory serves me right, my $2k PC at the time did not play the sim very smoothly. I surmise they compare CoD to a sim that has had more then a decade of tweaks and modifications (or worse yet to an fps with a mega budget) and for that reason they were enraged by the new sims teething issues.

Wanting perfection from a complex combat sim day one is ludicrous! I doubt the haters are really true (or at least seasoned) combat flight sim enthusiasts or else they would already expect bugs and incompleteness early on.

What these posters don’t understand is the immense amount of control they have over a new sims success, Rise of Flight (as of now an utterly fantastic sim) had to be sold off to 777 studios(go Jason) after getting mauled in its early reviews that included erroneous(yet seemingly expert) posts that included as much misinformation as truths. This led to poor sales and the sim had a very shaky start.

We as a community need to help build combat flight sims not tear them down(day 1 at that) as last I checked Cliffs of Dover is the only WW2 flight sim we might see worth mentioning in possibly the next decade.

In short my advise to those who don’t know better would be to:

1) Describe your most important issue (not a grocery list) with your pc specs and settings in detail. [BE FACTUAL NOT EMOTIONAL]

2) Think of truly important improvements that will enhance the sims realism.

3) Don’t tell the world you want your $ back and the sim is rubbish after such a short time. UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU’RE A HATER!

Thanks all for listening to a mad simmers rant and above all, enjoy the future of combat flight sims, you have waited impatiently for six years after all lol.