Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Should the vegetation colours in CLIFFS OF DOVER be changed?
Yes: I would like to see a darker shade for the grass and other vegetation 226 75.33%
No: I am happy with the current colouring 74 24.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Yes I see I didn't choose the best pic for any conclusivity to my case,

one more, this is not shopped I assure you, I am just trying to illustrate that on a bright summer day the colurs of kent are almost luminous...

Once again, I see two or three fields, with a particular type of crop, (can't say what it is, but obviously not natural vegetation) which is light green. (by the way, not as lime green as CoD) The rest of the vegetation, in particular the natural areas, is much more emerald in colour, much darker. So I think your picture is an argument for a change in colour.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 04-05-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Once again, I see one field, with a particular type of crop, (can't say what it is, but obviously not natural vegetation) which is light green
actually those fields are a bright yellow, the crop is rapeseed, which perhaps adds to my case, in real life those colours are much more intense.

all I am saying is.....is this really just semantics, can we not live with the green at least for now?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

The scenery over the merry old England at average fair whether day seems to be somewhat too bright and bland to be really credible.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Monitors are factory set with too much brightness and saturation. Of those who'd like it to change, how many have recently had their monitors calibrated?

The landscape has changed since 1940 and I don't know what it was like then, but England is known for having a green and pleasant land, and it looks fine on my calibrated monitor.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The landscape has changed since 1940 and I don't know what it was like then
Everybody knows it was all monochrome, sometimes with a sepia tone
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

I think it needs to be a bit desaturated but it still looks pretty good as it is, they should definatly work on getting the game working first before changing the "small" things
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Rapeseed is a modern crop not around to that extent in the old dart in 1940
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffa View Post
I think it needs to be a bit desaturated but it still looks pretty good as it is, they should definatly work on getting the game working first before changing the "small" things
I think that having brightness and contrast sliders (which should have been in the game at launch!) would certainly be enough for now. It would be easy to implement in one of the earlier patches without detracting from more important efforts. Then they can worry about the actual colour palette later when the game is more universally stable.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

To me it looks like there is to much yellow and not enough green. Looks like it was a very dry summer. However I have the grass off at the moment so that might help.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Rapeseed is a modern crop not around to that extent in the old dart in 1940
not around at all in the '40s.

for the record, wheat never looks as light green as it does in the autum/winter, already (April) it has turned to a much darker green, and will stay like that until it turns goldern in late june/july.

i work on farms in south east kent by the way, amongst other stuff.

In bongodrivers second pic, which must of been taken towards the end of april early may, looking at the rape.

you can quite clearly see wheat fields (the dark green ones).

by the way, is that ramsgate i can see in the background, looks like your on approach for manston

Last edited by fruitbat; 04-05-2011 at 10:59 PM.