Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: I will be supporting CLIFFS OF DOVER
Yes 164 90.61%
No 17 9.39%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
Canceling pre orders is the most stupid and short sighted thing to do. Just after pre ordering a new flight sim, which is the second most stupid and short sighted thing to do.

But anyway, if you have pre ordered you should stick with it now. Canceling just sends a very bad message in form of a excel sheet to a guy in a suit somewhere, who doesn't care if this is maybe the next mother of all flight sims, or a Pokemon against Ninja Turtles game. All what it will do is cutting off support to the executive studio, in this case 1C.

Don't cancel the order guys.
We should post your comment as a sticky.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Hi,

I voted yes. But let me point out that you haven't mentioned that Gaijin has a new sim in the works. This genre can use every drop of lifeblood, and competition is always good for us, the consumers.

MAC
I thought you meant these guys, I can only say they're bloody hilarious.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
You have clearly not witnessed the beginning of many flight sims...
On the contrary, I have been playing flight sims since Digital Integration's Fighter Pilot in the mid 1980s. This release is the shoddiest I have ever seen.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram W. Wooster View Post
On the contrary, I have been playing flight sims since Digital Integration's Fighter Pilot in the mid 1980s. This release is the shoddiest I have ever seen.
Then my second guess is you haven't read a lot of the user reviews
I have spent 6 hours yesterday on sukhoi.ru with google translator (a huge pain), and many reviews are actually quite good. Today there have been more and more good ones from western guys who bought the russian version. Go and check SimHq, there is some interesting stuff there.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

I will continue to Support Oleg the 1C team and have ordered The Collectors edition.
I remember iL2 when it first came out and it knocked spots off anything else that was about and the successive releases and free content in the patches that stopped the simm becoming stale.
Yes ,even on some of the top hardware available at the time of release it would not play smoothly and seamlessly,but patches were bought out to sort out faults .
Even then tweaking was needed to tune it to the varied hardware around and many individuals from the community ,"mucked in" & spent time,finding solutions which they shared amoungst the rest of us.
I trust that the community will work together as it did before submitting any positive findings and relaying any glitches or errors so that the development team can respond and fix it.
All you guys from the early days will remember the different sites and forums that had info for tweaking your conf.ini ,Ati or Nvidia gpu.
I am sure many of you spent time running "Fraps" and the "Black Death"ntrk trying to get better FPS by tuning bios ,hardware ,system and game settings .
Well this is a new "Game Engine", and "New Engines " all need a bit of tweaking and tuneing to get running sweet.We have been told that there is work in progress for DX11 ,64 bit support etc etc so I can wait .I like what I have seen so far and have no doubt that as in the past Oleg and his team will deliver the goodies were all after .
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Approved Member

I've bought the Russian version, and I am keeping my pre-order for the western collectors edition too.

1C/MG deserve our support.

BobTuck.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Hi,

I voted yes. But let me point out that also Gaijin has a new sim in the works. This genre can use every drop of lifeblood, and competition is always good for us, the consumers.

MAC
Really? What's it called? Is there any info anywhere? Is it going to be an actual sim or just like a WoP sequel?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

I've paid for my 3rd copy now. A Ubi download preorder, A Ubi Collectors edition and I had a go with the Russian version last night. It has massive potential, what we have here is the ugly duckling, waiting to become the beautiful swan. The ingredients are there in spades, the fm is fantastic, the lighting and cockpits are draw dropping, it needs tuning for sure but I have absolutely every confidence that 1C and Maddox will polish this into something spectacular.

S!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

It's idiotic to think that after waiting six years for this that I would say..Oh some problems, screw it I'm not buying it. How mudh is that anyway? As much as it costs to take some ugly chick to the movies with popcorn and drinks included. Relax take a pill and wait for a patch or two.

Last edited by Richie; 03-28-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Salute

I think this poll shows clearly the naysayers are in the minority.

So don't be put off by the whining of the vocal few, have patience, this game has potential.

All you have to do is look at video reviews like this one:

[video]