Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
I am a viking. I don't dodge anything, I kill it with my sword. And mead.
Yes on that note we often traveled to britain back in the day to help them demolish their homes, "borrow" some valuables, keep the male population low through a combination of excessive mead drinking and swords + romantically persuade the women to make very voulantary love with us. Then everybody stood at the shore and waved and cheered wishing us good luck and welcome back later!! Gotta love our history!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:28 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
I am a viking. I don't dodge anything, I kill it with my sword. And mead.
Stamford Bridge fella's is all you need to know

Then you put down your swords to settle here instead cos you were so tired of having to keep coming back to try to keep the anglo-saxons down, just in time to get spanked along with the anglo-saxons by a load of randy normans.

The real peoples of the British Isles you did not fight because they lived in areas too harsh for you to go, anyone can take people off guard.
No-one has ever invaded those area's apart from the romans and that proved to lead towards their downfall.

Last edited by BigPickle; 04-24-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Yes on that note we often traveled to britain back in the day to help them demolish their homes, "borrow" some valuables, keep the male population low through a combination of excessive mead drinking and swords + romantically persuade the women to make very voulantary love with us. Then everybody stood at the shore and waved and cheered wishing us good luck and welcome back later!! Gotta love our history!
Yup, always been a very lovable crowd us Nords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
Stamford Bridge fella's is all you need to know

Then you put down your swords to settle here instead cos you were so tired of having to keep coming back to try to keep the anglo-saxons down, just in time to get spanked along with the anglo-saxons by a load of randy normans.

The real peoples of the British Isles you did not fight because they lived in areas too harsh for you to go, anyone can take people off guard.
No-one has ever invaded those area's apart from the romans and that proved to lead towards their downfall.
Local pride, that's what this is. Vikings never "invaded" so to speak, they took your women, gold and food. Some of them settled, some of them went back. Some went on to trade, pillage or settle in the rest of Europe, even America. And some got killed. One or two boats don't attack groups of hundreds, maybe thousands, of warriors. They weren't stupid you know. It was a motley crew that were pretty much forced to explore because wars between the local tribes had the country in serious demand of resources.

Hell, Vikings even took part in the middle east crusade. Not bad for a small "country" which had, like, 10 people in those days. Especially when you consider that the Norsemen you saw down there were mostly explorers and traders. Not warriors. The warriors had their hands full up here at the time. Defending their kings, or attacking others kings.

\history class

But what happened with Indonesia? Noone wants to talk about Indonesia?

Last edited by kimosabi; 04-24-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Mead. Bah, mead is a pussy alcoholic beverage drunk by Fairies, Pixies and Gay Vikings.

In actual fact, the true viking invaders of England were the Danes. They ruled the north and east of England for a considerable time `till they eventually got defeated by the AngloSaxons at Stamford Bridge. This is the original cause of the north/south divide in England.
Then the norman robber barons defeated the AngloSaxons at Hastings and that was the end of AngloSaxon England.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Hey! We had 3 guys at Stamford Bridge! Don't try to take credit for that battle you pølse.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
pølse.
Don't forget it's red in Denmark
Old 04-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <George> View Post
I see many of you complaining about the games isues like you your selfs are some kind of Top pc programers and knowing everything about this game,how to fly it,how to code it,how ti make its histrory...all the time since i remeber the same guys with the same attitude,all the same guys who a year ago and more were begging to have at least something new to fly,something new to try....and now they have it...they start complaining and WINNING like little babys that they cant have theirs toys..
easy up guys,its the beggining of the game,the strange would be if all were perfect with no errors at all,be patient and give to the team time to do their work..
only one word from me for all those...
RIDICULOUS....

Your right, there is way too much tiger blood and adonis DNA in IL2.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
Not bad for a small "country" which had, like, 10 people in those days.

LOL thats because they all came to live in England
All the warriors went to England because they realised it was just so nice Maybe there's not enought rain in Norway.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Well, I hope you don't agree with all of my post, BigPickle, because it was loaded with incorrect statements.