Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
beats the 2500K as well as the other uber intel cpu's.
ummh ... with the current Sandy Bridge lineup Intel released their midrange CPU's.

The high performance (8 core larger cache faster clock) Sandy Bridge CPU's and the supporting chipsets for them are not due out until Q3.

The really interesting comparison will be between those and the AMD Bulldozer lineup.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
The high performance (8 core larger cache faster clock) Sandy Bridge CPU's and the supporting chipsets for them are not due out until Q3.
Ivy Bridge is the name for the 22nm 8 core processors due out Q3. They are rumoured to use the same LGA 1155 socket as Sandy Bridge though.

Intel is focused on making smaller and smaller chips, because they perceive the market is moving faster and faster towards mobile devices for all usages.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...y-182353.shtml

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 03-15-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
Nice post Gunslinger, do you think the win7 program..Windows Experience Index tells you anything concrete or is it more of a suggestion? I am 7.4,7.4,7.5,6.9 (and 5.9 HD )
Thanks OD. I don't think the Win 7 score all that valuable - between the types of CPU/GPU's that folks are talking about. On the other hand I've never compared numbers with anyone.

Since you've put yours out there here's mine (just re-ran assessment to be sure):

7.5,7.5,7.8,7.8, 5.9HD - as you know max is 7.9

So I have a last gen or so MB - LGA 775 Gigabyte EP-45 UDP
Processor is Intel Q9650 Quad OC'd to 4.0 w/4 GB of RAM
Graphics is ATI HD5870 Cat 10.10
Win 7 - 64

There are faster systems out there, that run for example ROF at higher frames and with all eye candy on - I'd say these newer systems provide a noticable difference in performance.

On the other hand they cost a lot more and I've had my system for about 2 years and current graphics card for over 1 year - and I can run 90% of what they can at the same FPS if that makes any sense. Sometimes the graphics bells and whistles are subjective - like do your really want to use Bloom, HDR, etc.... some do, some don't.

So in the end - I don't think this Win7 score tells us anything wrt CoD. Guess we'll see when it comes out.

S!

Gunny

Last edited by TUSA/TX-Gunslinger; 03-15-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSA/TX-Gunslinger View Post
Thanks OD. I don't think the Win 7 score all that valuable - between the types of CPU/GPU's that folks are talking about. On the other hand I've never compared numbers with anyone.

Since you've put yours out there here's mine (just re-ran assessment to be sure):

7.5,7.5,7.8,7.8, 5.9HD - as you know max is 7.9

So I have a last gen or so MB - LGA 775 Gigabyte EP-45 UDP
Processor is Intel Q9650 Quad OC'd to 4.0 w/4 GB of RAM
Graphics is ATI HD5870 Cat 10.10
Win 7 - 64

There are faster systems out there, that run for example ROF at higher frames and with all eye candy on - I'd say these newer systems provide a noticable difference in performance.

On the other hand they cost a lot more and I've had my system for about 2 years and current graphics card for over 1 year - and I can run 90% of what they can at the same FPS if that makes any sense. Sometimes the graphics bells and whistles are subjective - like do your really want to use Bloom, HDR, etc.... some do, some don't.

So in the end - I don't think this Win7 score tells us anything wrt CoD. Guess we'll see when it comes out.

S!

Gunny
thnx gunny I thought the WEI was not really the be all end of system definition My rig is a budget build ($500) from 5 months ago and i am hoping that i will be able to play CoD at medium setting's
ASrock 870 Extreme
AMD phenom X2 (nowX3) 3.2ghz black edition
4GB kingston 1066
ATI (saphire) 5750 1GB
Corsair 750 PSU
WIN7 ultimate 64

When i play BC2 all 3 cores are maxed out at %100
Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
[...]
When i play BC2 all 3 cores are maxed out at %100
That could easily mean they are waiting for data, or running the game's version of "wait for next input". That's one of the fun things about the windows Task Manager.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post

The real life advantage is remarkably smaller, it also varies from game to game.
Very true. I now have an i7 2600 rig and interestingly it plays ROF with all sliders to the max perfectly - very fluid frame rates. However, with FSX (which is much older than ROF) it still refuses to have silky frame rates when many of the sliders are set above medium/high - most frustrating. We'll just have to see how the i7 2600 handles CoD.

PPanPan
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanPan View Post
Very true. I now have an i7 2600 rig and interestingly it plays ROF with all sliders to the max perfectly - very fluid frame rates. However, with FSX (which is much older than ROF) it still refuses to have silky frame rates when many of the sliders are set above medium/high - most frustrating. We'll just have to see how the i7 2600 handles CoD.

PPanPan
Same here: Phenom 1090T (6cores 3.2GHz) + 8 GB RAM + nVidia GTS 250 (1GB) and it plays ROF with all sliders to the max perfectly and in FSX with most sliders set to High and a fiew to medium I get 20FPS on average ...