Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Where is your source coming from ?

Do you think that all early mkI were eradicated in 1941 ? There was still plenty in Asia, Africa, flight school etc..

I trust the books written by historian.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post

I trust the books written by historian.
Well if you trus books written by historican you live in big mist of history. I read many books where was huge errors in data for aeroplanes. I trust more primary or orignal sources then books writeen by historican

Well have you any data claimed 3311 kg for Hurricane MK1?? Casue i havent seen any. I wonder from where 1C got it? MAby russian books where Spitfires had wodden wings and russian planes outperform anything on the earth including UFO?

Backing to topic take off weight 6793 lbs ( 3081 kg) is the highest weight listed for Hurricane MK1 ( non tropical version) i have seen. Most data clamied much less take off wegiht ( probably without aditional armour)

Last edited by Kwiatek; 10-06-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Quote:
Hurri had a complete wing re-skin from fabric to aluminium.
Which is already referenced in 1939 manuals. The skin stressed type wings were strength tested in 1940 for a 6700lb load.
Quote:
Also, most of the props were de-havilland wich was more effective but heavier.
25lb.

A fully equipped MkIIa was 6998lb, according to the weight and balance chart in the manual. It essentially had all modifications that were included in the Mk.I, plus a few extras, and a heavier XX engine installation.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
I don't know what the 6750 lb are meant to represent, but it is not completely out of the way as later figures show.

I think the L 2026 is representative for BoB condition without bullet proof windscreen and rear armour plate, i.e. an early BoB version with constant speed prop, and when it's fully fueled up, you're at 6445 lb. Addition of armour and other minor equipment might have added maybe ~150 lb over the course of the year. So I perceive 6445 lb as the lower limit and 6600lb as the upper limit for that period, which puts 3311 kg from in game well out of the reasonable range, no matter which service condition it is meant to represent.

Thanks klem for posting figures on the Hurricane armour plate. Where did you find this info?
Not the best of sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane_variants
"From about May 1940 70 pounds of armour plate protection was added in the form of head and back armour."

Actually I think the specific 73lbs was the Spitfire armour
http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spitfire-I.html
"N.3171 weighed in at 6,050 lbs. The 73 lb. pilot's armour found on more mature Spitfire Is was lacking."
But they would have been very similar. Some of the armour plate appears to be present in the Hurricane MkI we have in the Museum and which was recovered from a hole in the ground in Hove (near Brighton). Flown by Dennis Noble out of Tangmere, 30th August 1940.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
A fully equipped MkIIa was 6998lb, according to the weight and balance chart in the manual. It essentially had all modifications that were included in the Mk.I, plus a few extras, and a heavier XX engine installation.
The Mk.II not only had a larger engine, it also had a supercharger. This meant the motor house had to be exanded by 4 inches, changing the COG a bit. As long as armament and fuel is acounted for, there's no way a Mk.II could be lighter than a late Mk.I.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway