Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

I would recommend visiting the hidden stash thread and visiting some of those hidden stashes. They can net you some pretty good mothership components including a shield generator and a repair system. I also recommend purchasing the MK3 System software since that gives the greatest improvement to your mothership's defenses
Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Wow, I have to say I agree with most of the things people have said so far but I'm a little surprised no one mentioned this one yet...

1) The absolute #1 thing I would change in an expansion/or new game is the way long distance travel is handled. For me there were few things in the game more annoying then the sudden "oops" leave now for your new mission or spend 20 min making your way across the entire game universe. There were times between missions where I didn't even have time to repair and rearm. There should be a way to fast travel at will between distant systems using the big system map. There could be restrictions on it like you have to pay if you aren't traveling for a mission or you have a chance to be ambushed by pirates/hostile forces for each system you cross but I think it would be a huge improvement especially especially with more freedom of missions and exploration rewards.

2) I know it's been said already but the being able to upgrade the mother ship in SW2 by training the crew was one of the best parts. I'd really like to see it back.

3) Either do some more work on the path finding or turn off collision damage because i'm tired of having my nice (expensive!!!) fighters explode when i haven't saved in forever because I'm not getting in any serious fights and they suddenly ram themselves into a freaking asteroid for no apparent reason.

Also I'd just like to say I see quite a few complaints on this forum, Personally I love this game. Yeah it has a few flaws but overall it's a lot of fun. Thank you to the developers and keep up the good work.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
I would recommend visiting the hidden stash thread and visiting some of those hidden stashes. They can net you some pretty good mothership components including a shield generator and a repair system. I also recommend purchasing the MK3 System software since that gives the greatest improvement to your mothership's defenses
agree, restarted a hard one, totally out of cash
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

1. Well pathfinding. It has improved much since SW 1 and 2 but there is still much work to do

2. autosetting fighters to guard MS after launch. It is incredibely annoying having to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME after launch.

3. More music themes. Take a look at the X series (X3 Reunion and Terran Conflict).

4. More side missions. SW3 seems to be halfway between SW1 (only storyline missions) and SW2 (freeform with side missions). Currently there is no way to get money. Only to sell loot. Why can not we make use of the long journey to the next storyline mission by taking cargo/offering help with pirates/defending something or someone etc.

5. Faction standings. Again, inspiration in X series. Having a good relation with a faction would allow us to buy their best ships or weapons. And maybe even ask them for help if we get attacked in their sector. On the other side, low standing would mean no missions from this faction, no help and with the worst standing being attacked on sight (this is already in game I admit).

6. More cool motherships. There are already some good ones in SW3, namely Lions, but since SW1 I have been looking forward to fly something like the Stalingrad. I know, I know, the balance would have to be corrected but for the right price or through a really tough mission some cool ship should be obtainable.

7. More life to the universe. It still looks too empty. Also more AI would help. Currently AI ships only patrol predefined routes. It would be good if AI should attack enemy sectors and maybe even overtake them. To be honest, everyone in SW3 speaks of war but I have not seen any real war except of a few skirmishes....

8. MS crew. It was one of the best things in the SW2. The firmware is also a good idea, I would keep it, but the most important should be the crew.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
7. More life to the universe. It still looks too empty. Also more AI would help. Currently AI ships only patrol predefined routes. It would be good if AI should attack enemy sectors and maybe even overtake them. To be honest, everyone in SW3 speaks of war but I have not seen any real war except of a few skirmishes....
This is very much so moddable. Star Wolves 2 had the same issues until a couple of German Modders re-did all the systems, AI, and ships. It was pretty amazing considering you occasionally even saw capital ship battles.

Quote:
6. More cool motherships. There are already some good ones in SW3, namely Lions, but since SW1 I have been looking forward to fly something like the Stalingrad. I know, I know, the balance would have to be corrected but for the right price or through a really tough mission some cool ship should be obtainable.
I would say this is Star Wolves 3's biggest accomplishment, as both previous games in the series you were stuck with the mothership you were given for the entire game (The first game it was the Star Wolf, the second game it was the Ramadanta, which was basically a Star Wolf with a better model).
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
This is very much so moddable. Star Wolves 2 had the same issues until a couple of German Modders re-did all the systems, AI, and ships. It was pretty amazing considering you occasionally even saw capital ship battles.
Please PM me the link on this mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryfanfan View Post
Comparing with the X series, would be nice if some capital ships were on sale as well. Or capturable to be even better.
SW is TACTICAL Squad-based with some RPG elements game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViralHatred View Post
more storylines that intersect/can be changed mid story rather than 3 lines that you follow to the end
7 storylines aren't enough?

Last edited by Rastix; 03-20-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastix View Post

I don't mean buying or capturing a massive fleet of capital ships like in X series, but do it just for the purpose of switching to a different mothership to your liking.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Please bring back music from star wolf 1
Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, because they are too linear. I want to do what I WANT to do, and not what someone else is telling (or pretty much forcing) me into doing. I want to be able to just runaway and not take a side, I want to be able to play as a pirate, or a merc, or help the patrols!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Please PM me the link on this mod

Yes , but half of them are broken, with lot of scripting errors, sometimes the conversations are just meager hints, other times endless meaningless chatty despite the warning of Ternie, that "everyone" can hear you in space.
Apparently they all have scanners..hrhehehe..
I haven't found 1 dude (pirate) saying that he just eves dropped on us and he's calling in reinforcements to rid us of the universe or just sell us out to some unknown party. lol