Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Cool Red Bull Air Race: Birds of Prey

Red Bull Air Race: Birds of Prey

Hey guys, today I was kinda bored waiting for people to join my Sim game, so I decided to do some training and thought what a good idea it would be to have a "racing mini game." Well, we obviously don't have one, so I made my own with the racetrack around the Dover Harbour.

The track I set up is layed out for you guys in the picture attachment (I hope it works =P) and I would like to set up a little top ten thing, which I will update in this OP. To give a quick summary of the track, the start gates, loop gates, and finish line are all between two cranes, which you will see in game. Green path is the path you take before you make your turn-around and the red path is the one your take after. The blue path is your approach path.

RULES!
  1. You must fly in Sim mode, no exceptions.
  2. You can not go above the ligthouses during the course, except when performing your loop. You must be below the lighthouses again before the aqua dot.
  3. On approach, you may not exceed 1000m
  4. The stopwatch you will use to count your time is here: http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
  5. You may attempt this as many times as you like.
  6. There are no restrictions on planes.

Now guys, let's try and be honest here, no point in lying over the internet =P. After you complete your run, post your PSN/XBL, time, and plane used.

The Top 10
  1. xX-SiLeNcE-Xx - 1:09.217ms - La-7
  2. Quinntan - 1:52.461 - I-53
  3. House MD 221B - 3:12.949ms - B-17G
  4. <blank>
  5. <blank>
  6. <blank>
  7. <blank>
  8. <blank>
  9. <blank>
  10. <blank>

Thanks for participating! Whoever 'wins' gets a free cookie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey.jpg (998.1 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by xX-SiLeNcE-Xx; 10-09-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

I still think we should get a load of guys in one room and do a race under the bridges in berlin......
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

That Red BULL Race is a great idea

And the port of Dover is a perfect place to do it. It seems that it has been designed specially for that purpose

Last edited by Benrizz; 10-08-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

I'm in, I will post a time....

I-153 - 1m42s:174ms
B-17G - 3m12s:949ms *This is the time and plane I would like posting please* simply because it was VERY hard to keep it so low for so long AND do loops. I went a LONG way off course but followed every checkpoint to the letter, and kept it below ceiling altitude. I defy anyone to beat my time in a B-17G while successfully obeying ALL the rules!

GREAT FUN!!!

this was my HIDEOUS route lol:

Last edited by House MD 221B; 10-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

xX-SiLeNCE-Xx,

I had an idea.... I have some spare web space.... do you fancy making a few more of these?

Get the Admins to make a Red Bull Air Race Birds of Prey sticky thread, and each individual race gets its own page with a leaderboard on a website.

I can do all the graphics etc, if you make the maps like you have this one here.

If you don't mind I'd like to have a go at making one and I will send you a link to see if you approve.

Because the Berlin Bridges one sounds good.

and I think if this got noticed a bit more this could be a great idea that could "take off" excuse the pun.

What do you say?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
Red Bull Air Race: Birds of Prey
(...)
Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you make a proper list here?
(...)
Use this for just dots:
[ list ]
[* ] blabla
[ list ]
[* ] blabla
[ /list ]
[* ] blabla
[ /list ]
  • blabla
    • blabla
  • blabla

Use this for numbers:
[list=1 ]
[* ]blabla
[ list=1 ]
[* ]bla
[ /list ]
[* ]blablabla
[* ]bla
[ /list ]
  1. blabla
    1. bla
  2. blablabla
  3. bla

All without the spaces ofcourse.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

http://bopairrace.webs.com/

LET'S GET THIS A REAL COMMUNITY THING.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Good site house!!! i will try and get my times up at some point, gotta find the time inbetween wrestling the damned Mrs for the bloody game >.<
Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

We used to do this for another flight game on PS2, Heroes Of the Pacific. We ran with more of a Nascar set up though and went with a laid out track. We would all get into one giant formation a mile from the start and proceed to the start line at half throttle. Once we passed the start line it was on. The only problem we had was with crashes and bumps. At first we went with you crash and that's it but then we found only one or two people would finish the race. After a while we went with a caution flag system where everyone would slow down and wait for the crashie to join the pack...but at the back. Fun times.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
xX-SiLeNCE-Xx,

I had an idea.... I have some spare web space.... do you fancy making a few more of these?

Get the Admins to make a Red Bull Air Race Birds of Prey sticky thread, and each individual race gets its own page with a leaderboard on a website.

I can do all the graphics etc, if you make the maps like you have this one here.

If you don't mind I'd like to have a go at making one and I will send you a link to see if you approve.

Because the Berlin Bridges one sounds good.

and I think if this got noticed a bit more this could be a great idea that could "take off" excuse the pun.

What do you say?
For sure, the more the better Thanks for makign the site, it looks great, excpet for the leaberboards part. The chart is all unaligned, if you could try to fix that .

Thank you Ancient Seraph for how to make a list for noobs!

" I defy anyone to beat my time in a B-17G while successfully obeying ALL the rules!"

If I had the B-17 I'd try...

And finally, I'll update the OP after I get off of school...

thanks for the support guys!