Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

I think another possible idea would be to have 2 games rather than 1. One is the free to play MMO with payed additional features (similar to World of Tanks or something like that) and the other, hard core simmers for the middle aged person and some exceptions (like me, probably the youngest long term IL-2 pilot (insert self depressing comment about how only two of his real life friends have tried this game)).

This way, the MMO can fund the hard core half of it and will therefore deliver us a better simulator for the long term.

A long time lurker,
Eagle

P.S. Sorry if I offend anyone, I was trying not to.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_Eagle View Post
I think another possible idea would be to have 2 games rather than 1. One is the free to play MMO with payed additional features (similar to World of Tanks or something like that) and the other, hard core simmers for the middle aged person and some exceptions (like me, probably the youngest long term IL-2 pilot (insert self depressing comment about how only two of his real life friends have tried this game)).

This way, the MMO can fund the hard core half of it and will therefore deliver us a better simulator for the long term.

A long time lurker,
Eagle

P.S. Sorry if I offend anyone, I was trying not to.
That may work under normal circumstances but in this case, why would anyone want 2 broken games ?

This thread is pointless. The only way to make this a great game, make money, make this a success is either come close to, meet or exceed expectations and right now they're still trying to find their butts with both hands.

There is no real nice way to put it, this is life this is business and they screwed the pooch. So the only way out of this is either they build a big ladder or bridge depending which metaphor you like best and climb out or get over it OR fill the hole while their still in it.

Its getting to the point where people don't really care which way it goes its just getting to painful to be stuck in limbo, either fix it or **** it.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

These people are generally financially better off and are more familar with a WW2 setting.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

If this were a great game, it wouldn't need saving.

Hopefully the sequel will be different.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_71 View Post

If past performance is an indicator of the future, I wouldn't hold your breath on the sequel being any better. I'm still rather annoyed that after all this time we are nothing more than beta/alpha testers. Obviously no one put a gun to my head to "test" this game for the past umptenth months, however, it's become old and frustrating.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Wink

Actually, I have no idea what all these fuss about an unfinished product is all about.

People who buy the game and then later whine about it are just being real petty and immature imho..

I have been an ardent supporter of IL2 since day 1 so many years ago.

Sure there are a few bugs here and there but I never let it dampen or affect my enjoyment of the game and I seriously thank God there is even such a sim like IL2 / COD out there for us to even play in the 1st place and I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with it being in whatever unfinished stage its in.

Perhaps a better question would be to ask ourselves what other WW2 sims are there out there? None I suppose?

What other WW2 sims are there with developers with this phenomenal level of commitment and dedication to WW 2 sim aviation? None.

FSX doesnt cut it. Xplane is too diverse. FC is a modern sim. ROF is in a different era.

What other options are there for WW2 simming? Absolutely none.

Of cos, some might argue that a lack of options shouldn't be the only reason they should put up with such nonsense. I for one, am just truly thankful COD even exists in the 1st place and to continue to be able to play it just makes me happy

Lets all be patient and give them enough time. Things will work out for the better.

In the words of Frank Zappa, "Shut up and play your guitar!!"

Btw, my mum also once told me "too much whining makes you impotent young man!! .."

Long live this sim!

Last edited by gpang788; 10-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_71 View Post

I think you mean "If this weren't a great game, it wouldn't need saving"

They've put alot of time and effort into quality models with quality destruction details, pity small bugs are destroying what should be another classic .. and financial success (once word-of-mouth gets around).

Allowing users to add their own content (starting with altered current models - Blenhiem fighter, Ju88 fighter, P-96 (http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforu...__t_29885.html), etc etc would also make CLOD-BOM "THE" and "ONLY" flight sim to have !

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priller26 View Post
If past performance is an indicator of the future, I wouldn't hold your breath on the sequel being any better. I'm still rather annoyed that after all this time we are nothing more than beta/alpha testers. Obviously no one put a gun to my head to "test" this game for the past umptenth months, however, it's become old and frustrating.
+1
Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He111 View Post
I think you mean "If this weren't a great game, it wouldn't need saving"
No. I mean, had CloD been a great game, it would have sold more than enough copies and not need fans fearing its demise and posting forum threads titled "how to revive sales and saves this great game." Hopefully, the sequel will not need this sort of desperate measures to save it and do great from the outset.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Good reviews is what is needed.

Is it possible to get Steam to re review a title? The 60 score is not a good one for sales, 80+ is needed.