Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Il-2 1946

I have been waiting for Birds of Prey since it was announced and I am quite impressed with the demo. Sadly I have played the demo out (I think Anton was right about releasing it too early). It has however refueled my love for the PC version.
After hours of the demo I dusted off the PC software and my trusty Saitek x52. I haven't played in years and my computer hardware has caught up with & surpassed the game. Now when I set the graphics to "perfect" it's like playing a whole new game. I even downloaded freetrack again (free software that works like Track IR with your webcam). Free track was pretty disapointing in the day but works perfectly now.
I quickly noticed that I really REALLY suck (the AI in the PC version is pretty damn good). I am however getting it back slowly and am loving the better graphics & smooth FPS. Don't get me wrong the graphics in BOP are FAR superior to the original. however the realism & ability to set up controls, dificulty, and missions in the original can not be beat. Plus, when you are in the cockpit view the graphics are still pretty awsome.
The realism (engine management, etc.) is too much for me to relearn to be able to play online at this point in my life. But playing around with it brought back some fond memories (and really pissed off my girlfriend).
I believe Birds of Prey is the perfect combination of SIM and game. I can't wait to play against casual gamers like myself. Don't get me wrong, I am a dork for these aircraft and thier history. I just don't have time to dedicate to flight models and tactics anymore.

I for one can't wait for Christmas in September.