Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raishi View Post
Gamersgate, why?
It seems that most people who do not buy the game from the 1C website have better experiences. Just trying to get support for my hunch so I could email them with an extended list of problems.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

Default Poll answer

Graphics are great, story line is good and the random stuff that happens is a good surprise. Only bad thing I have found is the learning curve for driving. I have a wheel and pedals and I seem to have "had" a few minor glitches starting out. little touchy at first got that straightened out and had some pedal issues which I have corrected. I did have some problems navigating at first but I am picking that up better.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg14870 View Post
It seems that most people who do not buy the game from the 1C website have better experiences. Just trying to get support for my hunch so I could email them with an extended list of problems.

BTW I got mine from 1C and have none of the above issues.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

I just got Rig 'n Roll and I must say that I am very impressed !
Let me give some very good and very bad points.

+
Beautiful scenery (you just feel like you 're really driving in California !)
Night/Day cycle
Soundtracks
Damage system
Truck failure

-
police
lack of signs
extreme braking
gps/map

=> Overal I give this game a well deserved 7.5/10
The feeling you get when you play the game makes good all the bad things and bugs. The braking is not a major bug, because when you don't brake very hard on a sudden the brakes work well. The police stays a major gamedistrupter, if there only was a way to turn them of...
Also small details like lights on mountains and houses on mountains and valleys makes the game scenery very very very realistic, it is like you're driving in Spain or another southern EU country !

The lights of the AI at night is beautiful too !

Too bad my pc cant run the game on max high settings !
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Default Disappointed?

Was anybody else as disappointed as I was after playing the game for the first time? I waited for 6 years (that's when I found out about it) and come to find out it's really not a simulator so much as an arcade game. Don't get me wrong I've played it every day since I've had it but it's just a little disappointing not behing able to hook up, not having trailers track right (I use the peterbilt 379 by the way that agrivated the fire out of me that it's not called a pete 379, I mean they seem to do alright behind the freightliner argrosy but you'd figure they would've got that right after that long.) And well the motors are a joke right along with the transmission. A 600 cat not pulling a hill with a loaded trailer? Never heard of that even with Cal. Emissions laws the C-15 would pull a hill and not drop off even in the tallest gear. And well 5th gear I've noticed is virtually useless if you're not bobtailing. and I've yet to find a place where I can upgrade to a 6spd...I'm assuming there is one due to the fact that 6 is 6th gear. I'm no gaming programmer and maybe the russian version is different but I find this to be more of an arcade game with realistic damage than a Simulator does anybody else feel the same way?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

No 6th gear in the game at all
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

@LolSmurf,
Well it's about time Now you can post your pics & vids I'm glad to see you finally got it. Have fun
Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Well, it's been a long time since I've been here. (hai gaiz!!)
So I thought I'd give my 2 cents on the game:

I really like it. It's about as addicting as Hard Truck 2, so I should be playing this for weeks on a row. The story mode is a really good surprise. Honestly, I thought this would be an incoherent mess of missions with a not very believable story. I was pretty surprised that, even though not really realistic, it made sense and it was fun to play. The voice acting is pretty decent (not the overly-pronounced accents I thought it'd have; however the Spanish accent sounds more Canadian than anything else ), and the cutscenes look pretty good. The side missions do break the monotony of driving from point A to point B, and you get to meet some pretty interesting characters, even though some of them are pointless (ie. you get a distress call from a broken down trucker, you get there, do nothing and get money for it).

Now, as far as the gameplay goes, it's not as good as I'd like for it to be. For example, the warehouse is a terrible idea. Not only can't you skip the long and boring cutscene, but you can't back up and unhook the trailer. Also, the truck seems to get somewhat confused sometimes, constantly revving the engine and half a second later coming to a halt. Sometimes, the truck doesn't even know what gate to choose. ;D
I'd also REALLY like it if there was a propper 13/15/18 speed gearbox. I'm not a fan of the racing either, but that IS the essence of the Hard Truck series, so I can't really complain about that.

I like the handling of the trucks, it really feels like you're behind the wheel of a large and heavy 18-wheeler-which is more than could be said for 18WoS. The truck customization is a major plus point, even though it seems like you gave the licensed trucks a lot more attention in this (for example, it's a lot easier to find parts for a Freightliner than for a Peterbilt, and the Peterbilt has a lot less parts to choose from). Something that I was a bit dissapointed at was the colour choice. I'd much rather like to have a colour spectrum sort of thing than just some 5 colours. And I'm sorry to say this, but the sounds are just terrible. The sound samples, excluding maybe one or two, aren't very good as it is, but it seems like you've created a very idiotic system to implement them. It's like the sounds don't blend propperly with each other (ie. going from the medium-RPM sound to the high-RPM sound), and it seems like the sounds barely change pitch (ie. being at 700 and 1000RPM sounds exactly the same).
For some reason, I also get the odd Crash to Desktop with no error screen.

So, to summarize, it's a very good game, but there's defenentley room for improvement.

Good Points:
-Story line
-Truck customization
-Damage system
-Graphics (they're good enough for me, anyway)
-Weather system

Bad Points:
-Sounds
-Police (they get extremely annoying sometimes; they should be a bit less forocious)
-The warehouse thing
Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

In my mind its the perfect truck sim, has the realistic effect to it ^_^
im not dissapointed besides the fact the cops are like brick walls when you try to take them down
Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

There are only two things that disappointed me in this game, the trailer physics (which in German Truck Simulator is a lot better) and the number of gears, I expected to make an "L" with the semi + trailer without having it sliding sideways and also a 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed gearbox, not a 5 speed one, which is kinda lame sometimes, specially when you're going from Bridgeport to Mi-Wuk Village, I love that steep hill road, but the gears screw the engine power even using the Cummins 565 that I use.

As for the rest of the game, it is more than expected for me.