Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Approved Member

Luthier,

Thankyou for all your hard work over the years. Thankyou for Bringing Cliffs of Dover as far as you could.

It's a fantastic simulation and you should be proud of what you created.

It is sad that we will not get a chance to see what it would have looked like using this game and graphic engine on the Eastern Front! I'm sure it would have pushed the bar even further.

Thanks again for the hours of entertainment and immersion in the world you help create.

Skoshi Tiger!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Approved Member

I remember downloading the original IL2 demo on a 56k modem in a desert town in the middle of Australia and being completely amazed... and have been hooked ever since.

Thank you Luthier for being a part of giving me so many years of fun. I loved the original series and I love Cliffs (warts and all). Best of luck for whatever you do next mate.

Cheers
Naz
aka II./JG53_Opfer
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for making a difference . . .

And for your efforts in the IL-2 series. Not too many can say they played a role in changing something as great as WW 2 sims, in the ground breaking game that IL-2 is. And was continued in Cliffs.

I hope your endeavors take you where you want to go, and may the winds blow favorably for you.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Had to log in again just to say thanks to the team, Luthier and Oleg , if he still is around, you guys and girls showed the world the true and real meaning of the world simulation . And as a not so unimportant byproduct you opened the door to heroic battles and unselfish deeds that had been hidden and distorted to us by the historians in the west.
Thank you and don't forget the Korean air war.
Viking
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Hi, Ilya,
can you share your future plans already? Is it true that you work on a Korea sim?

Do you know what happens to CLoD engine? Can 1C license it cheap if someone finds an investor (say for a Korea sim or a sort of WWII Online clone)?

Whom modders(e.g. TD) should talk to if they want to mod CloD: Jason or 1C?

Sorry for many questions but I think 1C made a mistake(again) switching to an older DX9 engine with poor AI optimization. Another year of work on CloD engine could make it perfect. Hope you or Oleg can do this one day.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Hi, Ilya,
can you share your future plans already? Is it true that you work on a Korea sim?

Do you know what happens to CLoD engine? Can 1C license it cheap if someone finds an investor (say for a Korea sim or a sort of WWII Online clone)?

Sorry for many questions but I think 1C made a mistake(again) switching to an older DX9 engine with poor AI optimization. Another year of work on CloD engine could make it perfect. Hope you or Oleg can do this one day.
+1 to all of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
.. Another year of work on CloD engine could make it perfect...
Let me guess, you're a fulltime developer by profession?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Hi Ilya,

As being a simulation fan not a gamer, I am very very tearful.

Thank you for your great efforts, for sleepless nights.

If it is possible, please reunite with Oleg and make a kickstarter project.

Only legends can make a decent Flight Simulation.

Best wishes to you and Oleg Maddox.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Question

Quote:
Hi, Ilya,

Is it true that Ilya relocated to the US? EDIT: because you seem to be more informed then most of us.

If so, then I'd hope he'd start having some communication with some people on this forum......
Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Thanks Luther .. we'll still have that night in Paris ... errrr, I mean, I still love CLOD and IL2, they were/ARE great sims.

Still flying CLOD .. into the sunset.

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Closed Thread