Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 05-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

*sigh* Thanks, I'm a newbie, never knew the kfs files could be opened in winrar.

Strange compression format if you ask me, but at least got it worked out now.

Guess I'm too used to Fallout 3 and Oblivion mods, download/copy files/play game/crash.

Oh well, thanks again.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

Talking Babies for everyone!

I added a notice to the original post which will hopefully prevent any more confussion on the matter in the future. Enjoy the mod and feel free to comment if you wish to share any criticism or suggestions.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

Just wanted to thank you for your mod. Admittedly, I decided to stop at 1 child on my playthrough but that child was worth it! +5 Attack +10% Critical (I was a warrior.)
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

You're quite welcome, and to be completely honest, although this mod was made to satiate my need to fix anything that annoys me in a game, I've only ever used Skye which was custom tailored to fit my gameplay style. I dread to think what a complement of 4 superbabies would do to game balance.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
You're quite welcome, and to be completely honest, although this mod was made to satiate my need to fix anything that annoys me in a game, I've only ever used Skye which was custom tailored to fit my gameplay style. I dread to think what a complement of 4 superbabies would do to game balance.
haha, yes I can imagine, but on the other hand, the normal babies were complete crap compared to the gear we could put up instead. So this just moves the balance on to the other side of the beam if you ask me. Great job, I like it
Old 09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

looks good. It should be noted that % bonuses to your attack, defense, int, mana, and rage affect your base stat only (aka, your stats when naked), Rounded up. So overall they are really, really bad. Especially when you have a bunch of +5 int/attack/defense items lying around.
Adamus' +20% to attack will only give 1 extra attack to someone with a base attack of 5 or less (remember, rounds up). You need a base attack of a whopping 25 to get +5 to attack (and you should have SEVERAL items that give that much). Even a dedicated warrior will not have 25 base attack...
It is imperative to replace all the % bonuses to attack, int, and defense with static bonuses... For mana and rage... well, I guess they can remain percentage (although static will not go amiss here either)

There is still a lot of risk for underpowered babies... These hardly break balance, if anything they are still underpowered; Let me clarify why.
The original babies had one that was "equal to a powerful item" (the +5 int baby, and ONLY him), a bunch that were equal to mid-low range items, and a bunch that were literally worthless (all the +scrolls babies are totally worthless)
The babies in this mod are between "a little stronger then an item you should be using" and "a little weaker then an item you should be using"... thats a fine balance making them overall "average" compared to items... seems perfect... if it wasn't for the random factor and the inability to swap them... you are getting random permanent items that take a slot permanently and they are merely "average" right now... it is far better then "worthless" as they were in unmodded game, but they should be better than that... there should be no "below average" babies IMAO.

My recommendation is +20% to int, attack, or defense will become +7 to int, attack or defense (respectively)
+5 becomes a +8
+3 becomes a +5
+scrolls be completely eliminated as a bonus and replaced with +mana (static)
+% leadership become something static (and good)

That way a baby would be a nice surprise, slightly better than an item, but random and cannot be changed... and the above is still not "overpowerd", its "just right"

Last edited by taltamir; 09-08-2010 at 01:05 AM.