Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Default trap medal

just out of curiosity - how quickly can you achieve trap medal III?
in my current game - no loss dwarf paladin, and i wasn't heavily concentrating on it, i got it after fight 27. excluding 2 training fights, it was after 25 fights, averaging 4/battle.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

With 2 training fights, my latest mage got it after fight 23.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

How do you acquire and learn the trap skill for the training fights ? Is this by design or luck? Vaguely I though it took a level or two just to learn distortion spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
With 2 training fights, my latest mage got it after fight 23.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

I think they mean they got the trapper skill by fight x, not counting the first two fights (training).
Old 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I think they mean they got the trapper skill by fight x, not counting the first two fights (training).
Yep, Meta got it. I meant the fight count was 23 counting the 2 fights in training.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

I suppose the quickest way would go like this:

1) make sure trap spell appears during the training. Then you can use it during last fight. There are always 3 enemy troops, with royal thorn unmovable, and its summons do not count, so that's 2 troops trapped.
2) once in debir, do hell of lot of kiting, until let's say you reach level 20.
3) go for distorsion magic 3, lots of intellect and max out trap spell; also higher magic
3) with massive mana pool by then go trapping. you can venture far beoynd debir and pick enemies.
4) you want to encounter eniemes preferably split in many stacks on battlefield, in order to increase number of traped troops.
5) pick only walkers, great majority of flyers cannot be trapped.
6) if strong enough get 4 x 1 archmage + 1 x 5th level troop. Archmagi move stacks onto traps, Brutus does the fighting.
7) this way you can get maybe 5 traps per fight, so i guess absolute minimum lies around 20-21 fights in total
Old 02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Oh. In my current paladin game on impossible I picked up the skill really early; not sure how early but it was before the first dozen fights (the spell was like the first treasure found). I thought you all were claiming to have the third medal by that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Yep, Meta got it. I meant the fight count was 23 counting the 2 fights in training.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

jake, we are talking trap medal III = 100 trapped troops in minimum fights, not trap medal I.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Yep. Not hard really. Just loot the first few islands (up to Bolo or Rusty), then pick fights with armies that have 5 walker stacks first. With enough patience and proper use of dragon, you can easily rack up 5 per fight. I messed one up, hence my battle count went to 23.

impy: No need for map kiting. You only need 25 mana to trap 5 stacks. The idea is to soften stacks with units/dragon before the trap lands the final blow. With early game fights, your spell doesn't need to do much damage.

Last edited by TemjinGold; 02-28-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

An other trick is to use stacks of 1 inquisitor. Make a trap in front of him, step forward (Kill and count) and resurrect it with other inquisitors or resurrection spell.