Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Default Poisoning/Burning still broken

My 73 royal snakes poisoned a stack of inquisitors and the poison caused 19 damage.

A single bowman shoots my royal snakes and they are burned for 70-something damage.

I thought this was supposed to have been fixed?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

You should really read the KBAP Info thread. I have explained the game mechanics concerning poisoning/burning there. Check the formula. You will find it most enlightening. Also pay attention to the minimum values. This means that even a single bowman can cause havoc.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Look, the damage should be relative to the size of the stack that caused the attack. I really don't need a formula to tell me that a single bowman doing that kind of damage is nonsense.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Basic formula:

Damage = Burn/Poison Factor * random number (0.05-0.1) * Current total troop health * Medal Bonus

where:
1) Burn/Poison factor is equal to - Leadership of the troop who inflicted the post-effect/Leadership of the Target
Restrictions: min 0.1, max 1.0. The factor can only range between these 2 values.
Special: Burn/Poison factor for spells is always 1.0. It is also 1.0 for the summoned Phoenix's ability Fire storm.
2) Current total troop health - the current total health of the troop that has received the post effect.
3) Medal bonus - the bonus from the Battle Alchemy medal. According to the level of the medal, the bonus is 10/20/30%, so the multiplier will be 1.1/1.2/1.3.
Restrictions: if a friendly unit is poisoned by friendly unit's attack that has a post-effect, the multiplier is 1, regardless of the level of the medal.

There you go. These are the game mechanics. I know that KBTL had it different, but this is how it's done in KBAP. In this case the current total troop health was your biggest problem. If it were 1 snake, it would have burned for 1 point.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-25-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Nonsense is that this crazy damage is only for AI ... my burn/poison does just miserable damage ...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

my burn/poison is doing decent damage, cause i always make sure that I target a troop with high health, and then don't attack that stack too much.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

OH now i see how it works
Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Basic formula:

Damage = Burn/Poison Factor * random number (0.05-1) * Current total troop health * Medal Bonus
Thanks for the explanation but anyone else think that his is just a horrible ass backwards way of calculating DoT damage? Metathron was correct in saying that the damage from the DoT should be relative to the attacking size since every single other ability works that way.

The more Paladins you have the more you heal, the more shamans you have the more damage those dancing axes do etc. I don't suppose there's a mod that can correct this?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Well, if you correct the formula, you will go back to the old KBTL style burning/poisoning. In KBTL it didn't do much damage because burning/poisoning was more like an effect than a tool. In KBTL Burning/poisoning reduces defense of the unit by 20% and inflicts a small amount of damage, which is based in a certain damage range - not like in KBAP, where the burning/poisoning damage is based on the troop's HP.

The problem is that some people will like the new formula, some will not
Old 11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Well, I don't like this new formula. Makes no sense to me. But, as you've said, some may like it.