Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Tree_UK

The 2 most concerning things for me are the frame rates, most of the videos I have watched turn into a slide show whenever terrain comes into view, this is most likely the reason the Dev's are reluctant to shows us any unedited footage from a pilots perspective over land. The other concern is the dreadful sound. Who was the guy that did those great sound Mods for Il2, surely he could send some wav's over to Oleg for a small credit on the box.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
The 2 most concerning things for me are the frame rates, most of the videos I have watched turn into a slide show whenever terrain comes into view, this is most likely the reason the Dev's are reluctant to shows us any unedited footage from a pilots perspective over land. The other concern is the dreadful sound. Who was the guy that did those great sound Mods for Il2, surely he could send some wav's over to Oleg for a small credit on the box.
That sound is most likely the placement sounds; by the looks of things the video was made on one of the BETA versions...unless the new sound doesn't make initial release.
I think we need to see the first release as a stepping stone. We're not going to get everything we want in the first package, but there will be elements which we will surely love, and elements which will need improving. I can't think of a single game that was perfect on release, although I know that you're not suggeting this, Tree.
I for one am happy to wait, (naive?) in the knowledge that CoD will greatly expand beyond my beliefs.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

If the sound doesnt make the release then something has really gone FUBAR, phil...come on.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I agree Furbs, but I for one could wait for it (I suppose because I won't be able to play it on release, anyway)
However, it would be annoying; especially if a feature like spit girl is put in it's place...

Last edited by philip.ed; 02-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

I think by the time P-51's, P-47's, B-17's and B-24's are released all these issues will be fixed?

Still doesn't interest me though. The only thing I see at the moment is HDR lighting and a slightly nicer sea. Clouds look the same as we have now, I hate (the historically correct) tracer without any tracer smoke, looks like X-wing tracer as they don't actually fall away, looks like realistic gunnery has been turned off? Also, wouldn't tracer brightness 'decay' for each bullet slightly differently? I think the problem 'visually' for me with the tracer is they all look the same with no variation, this of-course could be changed....

I'm sticking with IL2 for my simming and Wings of Prey for my candy!

Cheers, MP
Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
I think by the time P-51's, P-47's, B-17's and B-24's are released all these issues will be fixed?

Still doesn't interest me though. The only thing I see at the moment is HDR lighting and a slightly nicer sea. Clouds look the same as we have now, I hate (the historically correct) tracer without any tracer smoke, looks like X-wing tracer as they don't actually fall away, looks like realistic gunnery has been turned off? Also, wouldn't tracer brightness 'decay' for each bullet slightly differently? I think the problem 'visually' for me with the tracer is they all look the same with no variation, this of-course could be changed....

Cheers, MP
It did look more promising all those years ago in that video you made at Birmingham Mystic.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

what utter cracken boobynuff Tree
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Cheers, MP
Almost certainly right about the gunnery, it's scalable and so has probably been turned off. The full new weather is available in the FMB but it's the code hasn't been refined enough to allow it to populate the sim at large, so it's a 'use at peril' thing at the moment that's so complex it jams the large map but may be playable on some high end machines on one of the smaller maps. Untill it's refined we're stuck with fluffy clouds and map wide mono-directional wind. It will be refined and introduced at some future point.

Of course if not enough people buy the sim Oleg and his minions will have to find other means of support. If you can find enough money to buy the Paris Hilton of flight sims, perhaps you can find enough to support this one. Even if you don't like the tracers or the plane-set, think of the joy of a much more fully modelled departure from flight when you wing stall your Su-26/109/Spitfire or wafting around in a Tiger Moth? We've yet to see what this sim really has to offer, but I already reckon it's worth at least the price of a £29.99 download and some rocket in Oleg's pocket, which is hardly a curry for two is it?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

I think it was turned off.
Take a look to that link
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...=18667&page=15

Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I think the sounds are a little more advanced than for a random person to send over a few simple wave files.., lets hope that they've recorded the sound in multiple stages and model the speed of sound with hopefully a good and improved sound engine.