Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
We should be able to add planes and maps, but I haven't poked around enough to figure out/read about how. I think we have to manually add the aircraft types, but I don't know how the name should be formatted as it's different than what appears in the skins name and allplanes text file in the QMB folder.

I imagine it's compatible with all mods as you're only replacing the DGEN exe, which is separate from the Il-2 exe (DGEN was never under Oleg's supervision, I guess).

I will report bugs as soon as I can.
The plane name for the AllClasses.dat and AllPlanes.dat files undertakes from Air.ini
B-17G air.B_17G 1 usa01 DESERT

or from files of missions

[g0100]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.BF_109F4
Fuel 100
weapons default
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Thanks! I look forward to messing around with it some more
Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

I got EnjoyR patches (Boe+Ostfront) installed, which means ~150 campaigns available, can i still use those with new dgen? with other words did you built your mod on EnjoyR patch or stock dgen?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpmedia View Post
I got EnjoyR patches (Boe+Ostfront) installed, which means ~150 campaigns available, can i still use those with new dgen? with other words did you built your mod on EnjoyR patch or stock dgen?
As far as I know, EnjoyR patches differ nothing from stock dgen campain. Simply by means of jsgmemods the problem of limitation of symbols in the campaign name is solved. If we speak about same - all this can be used with the new generator.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Hi Asura

First of all,a huge thank you for the hard work in this new DGen!

I know,this is not the final version,but I have a few questions in general,only for a better understanding how this new DGen works.

Can I use the new features like adding new planes in already existing campaings? modded and stock,and if so,how to do that? manual editing of the neccesary files?

It is possible to expand the timeframe to 1938/39 to create early war scenarios like the japanese intervention in china or the spanish civil war. I think this could be a really big improvment to DGen campaings!

Keep on the good work!

cheers,semor
Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Hi Asura,

I downloaded the latest version.

The first thing I've noticed is that landing approaches seem to be a bit lower and shallower. This is nice, but I think it caused a Po-2 to crash into some trees as it was flying the landing pattern and couldn't react in time.

The attack pattern of ground-attack aircraft has changed. I reverted to the old DGen to make sure of this change. Il-2s, for instance, will fly much further and higher away from the target after an attack, before coming around again. In the old DGen, Il-2's would orbit fairly close to the target at no more than 300 meters or so when making attacks. It's strange to now see Il-2s cruise at tree-top level, but regroup from a ground-attack at 1000 meters, followed by another attack. This might be good behavior for fighter-bombers and JABO, which might have to defend themselves but not dedicated ground-attackers like the Il-2, HS-129, Fiat Cr.42 (Germany), etc.

Thanks for the work, and I patiently await the latest updates

Last edited by Luno13; 04-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Can I use the new features like adding new planes in already existing campaings? modded and stock,and if so,how to do that? manual editing of the neccesary files?
The list of planes for campaign appears from the corresponding planesXxN.dat file. To add the new plane to campaign (without a difference modded it or not) it is necessary to make the following:
- to add this plane (if isn't present) in the AllClasses.dat file (in the folder DGen/MOD)
- to add options of use of this plane (if isn't present) in the AllPlanes.dat file
- to add the plane in the planesXxN.dat file in that sub - campaign where it it would be desirable to see
- to start game and to choose in the interface campaign and the necessary plane

Quote:
It is possible to expand the timeframe to 1938/39 to create early war scenarios like the japanese intervention in china or the spanish civil war. I think this could be a really big improvment to DGen campaings!
Surely! The question of removal of restrictions on a time span was one of major factors for the sake of which I began work on the new version of the generator. Now I don't add new functions and possibilities in the generator - it is important to clear it of mistakes. But in one-two month I hope to issue the version with a time span from 1900 to 1999 (and it is possible restrictions at all won't be, at me are some versions of the solution of this problem )
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
The first thing I've noticed is that landing approaches seem to be a bit lower and shallower. This is nice, but I think it caused a Po-2 to crash into some trees as it was flying the landing pattern and couldn't react in time.

The attack pattern of ground-attack aircraft has changed. I reverted to the old DGen to make sure of this change. Il-2s, for instance, will fly much further and higher away from the target after an attack, before coming around again. In the old DGen, Il-2's would orbit fairly close to the target at no more than 300 meters or so when making attacks. It's strange to now see Il-2s cruise at tree-top level, but regroup from a ground-attack at 1000 meters, followed by another attack. This might be good behavior for fighter-bombers and JABO, which might have to defend themselves but not dedicated ground-attackers like the Il-2, HS-129, Fiat Cr.42 (Germany), etc.
Question here the quite difficult. On the one hand there are height and speed parameters in the AllPlanes.dat file or in the *Planes.dat files for separate campaigns. These parameters are used for creation of a route and AI planes try to follow this route. On the other hand planes in game AI operates and it doesn't depend on the generator. The behavior of planes during attack of the land purposes and during air fight doesn't depend on operation of the generator.

Whether there is a possibility to create two missions in the old and new generator and in the stout editor to compare parameters of points of a route? If they strongly differ - a problem in the generator. If don't differ is a behavior of AI and I can't affect it. I continue to test the generator and I will be engaged in parameters of points.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

I will try to save the missions next time and report what I see. Thanks!

EDIT - After making a double-check, it does seem to be AI behavior. I haven't seen this before, so it could be related to the latest AI changes. I noticed that the Hs-129 don't tend to climb away as much, but that could be because they're terrible climbers

Still have to check the landing parameters.

Last edited by Luno13; 04-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Next week there should be version 1.0.0.7 RC3 with very large number of the corrected mistakes and adapted for 4.11.1 AllClasses.dat and AllPlanes.dat files.