Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Project DGen_mod

Link to the freshest version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fo...OD_2.0.3.0.zip
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

DGen_MOD 1.0.0.5 RC1

This program is based upon original ideas and algorithms by Vadim "Starshoy" Kolosov.

DGen_mod is fully compatible with Il-2/PF version 4.071m and above.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k0i0hs4452qqtl0

It not the final version and mistakes are still possible.

Last edited by Asura; 05-07-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

this is as interesting as it gets!

questions:

what new stuff does it have?

anY "official" development blog, page, forum thread?

is this work under the cover of TD projects? will it ever be?

thank you!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
what new stuff does it have?
1. Possibility of free addition of new maps and planes.
2. Removal of restrictions on the time period (dates with 1940 to 1949 are now possible). In the following versions the time span from 1900 to 1999 (it will not be possible restrictions in general, this question is in study) will be available
3. New possibilities for founders of dynamic campaigns.

In further plans - the detailed instruction on all aspects of the dynamic campaigns, new types of campaigns (night fighters, strategic bombers) and is a lot of all the rest.

Quote:
anY "official" development blog, page, forum thread?
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,20104.0.html

http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=2337

Quote:
is this work under the cover of TD projects? will it ever be?
Now it is independent development, but I am ready to cooperation with DT. I have offers which we could solve in common.

New DGen was initially planned as independent of the developer (me ) in questions of addition of maps and planes and in compatibility with game versions.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

v1.0.0.6 RC2 (03/2012)
+ some bugs fixed in message files
+ a bug fixed in the 'Scramble' mission

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ivb8zt8m845sot
Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

thans for the feedback!

i palyed 1 mission yesterday, had serius issues with the "skip time command" it would give "too close to target trough all the mission (even after i destroyed it and was about 200 km away.

this is on the first mission 109f4 1941 north group. ( i think i can send the mission, if you tell me how, i crashed near the end
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

To demonstrate what is possible with Asura's new DGen version, here some pics from a DGen campaign project for the Solomon Islands map I am working on at the moment:

By the way, as you can see, the first screenshot is from the modded version of the game, but Asura's new DGen will also work in the unmodded game. No mods are necessary to use it.

Last edited by Juri_JS; 03-29-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Really looking forward to this one Juri the new DGEN as well as 4.11 AI has changed the game for the better
Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Nice work

Just a few questions,

Does it overwrite the current DGen campaigns/missions or install a separate folder system ?

Will it be able to handle the new navigation beacons and landing systems ?

Are we able to add new maps as well as aircraft ?

Its it compatible with all current version of IL2 1946 including mod packs HSFX & Ultra Pack ?

Just some clarity for me and others reading this.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-29-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Approved Member

We should be able to add planes and maps, but I haven't poked around enough to figure out/read about how. I think we have to manually add the aircraft types, but I don't know how the name should be formatted as it's different than what appears in the skins name and allplanes text file in the QMB folder.

I imagine it's compatible with all mods as you're only replacing the DGEN exe, which is separate from the Il-2 exe (DGEN was never under Oleg's supervision, I guess).

I will report bugs as soon as I can.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Does it overwrite the current DGen campaigns/missions or install a separate folder system ?
The new generator is realized so that to keep possibility of use of two programs (old and new). All files of control and all files having other format are taken out in the separate DGen/MOD catalog. Renaming the file DGen.exe it is possible to include the new or old version.

Files of dynamic campaigns at two generators the general. But, in the new generator it will not turn out to continue the campaign begun in old and on the contrary. Important distinctions are in the status.dat file to provide loading of data on maps and planes from external files to me it was necessary to change its format and to add a number of parameters.

Quote:
Will it be able to handle the new navigation beacons and landing systems ?
Yes, in plans to realize in the generator all new possibilities including radio stations. But now at me on the first place finishing of the version of the generator to completely efficient release, on the second complete removal of restrictions on the temporary period. After that I will be engaged in new possibilities.

Quote:
Are we able to add new maps as well as aircraft ?
Yes, on addition of new maps and planes any user can make all operations. In parallel with tasks of generator completion I will do the high-grade instruction on all questions of operation of the generator. Alas, as a rule it is more difficult to write the instruction than the program therefore I am ready any wishing to add map to tell as it to make.

Quote:
Its it compatible with all current version of IL2 1946 including mod packs HSFX & Ultra Pack ?
It is important to understand that the generator is completely independent of the game version. The main thing that the list of planes in the AllClasses.dat file corresponded to the list of the planes available to the player to management in that version of game which it uses. And you didn't start campaign on maps which aren't present in your version of game. Anything terrible won't occur if the list is incompatible with game, simply missions can won't be loaded or will be loaded without planes.

Quote:
Just some clarity for me and others reading this.
With pleasure I will answer all questions - ask.