Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Default Which aircraft are you flying the most lately?

Happy New Year!

While we await further news on the next patch, let's spark up the IL-2 discussion here with a simple question for all.

Which aircraft are you flying the most lately? (in the sim world)

For me it is probably these:
  1. I-16 Type 5
  2. U-2VS
  3. TB-3 4M-34R

Now I know that's a very low-performance list that's been beaten with the pre-war ugly stick, but I enjoy their challenges, especially in historical missions!

What about the rest of you?
Old 01-03-2022, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

ki-45 variants
Old 01-03-2022, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

I like the U-2!

But lately, I've been messing around with the Italian planes: G.50, MC 200, MC 202
Old 01-05-2022, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Great to see the Axis types getting some love! I will admit I fly Allied types far more often than Axis. My memories of flying the Ki-45 are a bit dim. I don't think I ever lived long enough to create lasting memories! Maybe I should give that another go. I haven't tried those Italian types, though I did have a go with the MC-205 III the other month and managed to score some B-25s and P-38s.

You've got to love the abundance of choice in good old IL-2! You can fly for years and still never fly a bunch of the available types, and yet we still want more!

Some other types I've been flying fairly often lately that are a bit more mainstream are the F6F-5, Ju 88A-4 and P40E-1 (the new model).
Old 01-10-2022, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

I only rarely fly axis, then mainly Finns.

I usually fly the auto-generated campaigns from the Ultimate package. The exception is the Yak mission where the 262s fly over from "1946", if I take off, power down slightly, fly anti-clockwise back to the runway I took off from, I can generally get a united arrival at the dogfight, and I like that fight, it's fairly short, and not too difficult for me.