Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 08-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Leningrad_Karelia Fin Fighter "The Great Attack" Dgen Campaign for 4.13.4

Leningrad Karelia Front Finnish Fighter "Defence of Karelia 1944" Dgen_mod dynamic Campaign for 4.13.4, made using the Gulf of Finland 1 map.

This covers the time period 6/44-7/44 as the major soviet offensive advances from Leningrad up to the North of Karelian Istmus to the old 1940 war border.

Here is a link from Google Drive. ***Updated to 1.10***

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l-O...ew?usp=sharing

I have run through it many times in fast mode, and full play though twice, all stable. Will improve airfield object density later but theres enough to trigger all the AI as is.

Last edited by taly001; 05-14-2020 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

full readme.txt from ZIP

"The Great Attack" Finnish Fighter Campaign June 1944 for il2 1946 v4.13.4 ---- Version 1.0 --- August 2018
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

20 mission dynamically generated Finnish Fighter campaign based around the Soviet Offensive from Leningrad to Viipuri of June-July 1944.

Adds files containing tuned DGen_mod 2.0.5.0 files and the new campaign files in il2\DGen. Only Il2:1946 v4.13.4 planes and maps are used.

This campaign is based off the existing "Gulf of Finland 1" map and Leningrad44 base files. The airfields used and plane sets have been tuned for Finnish Air Force and Luftwaffe (Detachment Kuhlemy) and Soviet Baltic Air Fleet and Leningrad 4th Air Army in mid'44, also the frontline movements and missions occuring over the Karelia/Leningrad corridor.

Backup DGen.exe from \il2 and the il2\DGen folder somewhere safe before adding this mod in case you want to return your game to standard afterwards.

INSTALLATION - Extract this .ZIP file to your \il2 directory and select overwrite files if asked.

The included .ZIP file il2hk.zip from Nox enables Finnish Hakencross and German Swasticka's. It should be extracted to your iL2 directory and needs to be run everytime before playing iL2 if you want to have the historical cross markings shown on the planes. (some Windows messages may show about compatibility but it still works.) The picture file HakenCrossIcon.bmp can be used as the icon picture if you make a shortcut to il2hk.exe on your desktop.

Selected Player Plane Type Notes:

Player planes types are defined for ALL mission types. Missions have been tuned for the Me109G.

Different player plane types will be based and move airfields as similar to their actual bases as the map size allows.

Me109G-6late (/U2) Lappeenranta Airfield.
Me109G-6 Suulajarvi -> Lappeenranta Airfields.
Me109G-2 Suulajarvi -> Lappeenranta Airfields.
Brewster 239 Heinjoki -> Hepoharju Airfields.
Hawk 75 Hepoharju Airfield.

For now squadron selected only effects squadron markings if available.

Included custom defined plane skins mostly downloaded from mission4today.com - some slightly altered for this campaigns theatre and units.

Douglas DC-2 ---by Peter Shaw---
Fw190F-8 ---by Ian Boys---

thanks for making these skins available for the il2 1946 community,
and a big thanks to the DGen_mod team of Asura, Genichar, Boelcke, Juri_JS, Motorhead, LSA.

Michael "taly01"

https://mysimtech.wordpress.com/

THE END
Old 08-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Ughh Some virus scanners seem to be triggered by the word Attack in the file name "TheGreatAttack"!

Starting save after the word Attack is deleted in the file name and all is well, so much for "intelligent" virus scanners.....

Will rename ZIP as "TheGreatOffensive" next time
Old 08-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

nice Taly001! Thank you!
can I suggest to post your campaigns also on mission4today/DGen download page?
and obviously to make other dgen campaigns
Bye
Francesco
Old 08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr View Post
nice Taly001! Thank you!
can I suggest to post your campaigns also on mission4today/DGen download page?
and obviously to make other dgen campaigns
Bye
Francesco
As ddr mentions we have a DGen download area. Since these campaigns use Asura's DGen mod this is the section you would use for the upload.
Downloads 4 Mods › Campaigns (DGEN): http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ownloads3&c=14

The campaigns look really nice.

Wheels
Old 08-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

thx i will get it up on mission4today soon, i am repacking with some minor tweaks soon and renamed ZIP name "defence" rather than "attack" as that word triggers some virus scanners LOL!

Here is a recent run through I did

10: Il-2
6: Yak-9
5: La-5
3: DB-3
2: Yak-1
2: P-39N
1: Pe-2
1: Kittyhawk

30 kills (+ 2 La-5 shared) in 20 missions (died alot until I learnt not to furball in Me109G)

Last edited by taly001; 08-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

oh very nice. Time to fly the hawk with the FAF
Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

This is a tweaked version some fixes to planes roles and heights flying at, adjusted forces balance in missions and added more ships (Niobe AAA cruiser at Kotka), and some artillery batteries etc. Name changed from "The Great Attack" to "Defence of Karelia 1944"

Here is a link from Google Drive. ***updated to v1.10***

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l-O...ew?usp=sharing

A good run through with 1.10,

7: Il-2
6: Yak-9
4: La-5
3: A-20
2: LaGG-3
2: P-39Q
2: Li-2
1: Tu-2
1: LaGG-3 (shared kill)
1: Yak-9 (shared kill)
1: Il-2 (shared kill)

27 kills + 3 shared

Last edited by taly001; 05-14-2020 at 04:23 AM.