Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Yes. Well, it does say in the error log: can not assign any towns to Germans. Zero points.
So... good hypothesis
P.S. thanks for your trouble.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Is it possible to return to the previous mission, replay it, then hope to get a better generated one afterwards?
Old 07-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
Is it possible to return to the previous mission, replay it, then hope to get a better generated one afterwards?
No, as I said above, the selection buttons take you to blank screens. No refly.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, as I said above, the selection buttons take you to blank screens. No refly.
I mean, messing a bit with the game files. If Im not mistaken, the game saves every mission you played. In the folder: "...IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\DE\dgen_c_lvov41doe0"
You find lots of stuff here. When the same error happened to me, I think I deleted the last mission's files, but this made the whole campaign unreadable for the game, probably because there are a few .dat files here too, that need to be edited to revert the campaign back.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
I mean, messing a bit with the game files. If Im not mistaken, the game saves every mission you played. In the folder: "...IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\DE\dgen_c_lvov41doe0"
You find lots of stuff here. When the same error happened to me, I think I deleted the last mission's files, but this made the whole campaign unreadable for the game, probably because there are a few .dat files here too, that need to be edited to revert the campaign back.
I don’t have the knowledge to safely hack files so I leave them alone. I’d sooner delete a campaign I was half through and start over new than begin messing with files.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

This problem is caused by a math error made by the campaign builder in the [Schedule] section of the Berlin.db file. There are 70 points allocated to the Germans at the beginning of the campaign on 50314 that can be lost during the course of the campaign but there are 75 points deducted during the course of the campaign making it impossible to finish. Until you make changes to the Berlin.db file any campaign that utilizes the Berlin.db is going to fail to finish.

[Schedule]
50314 70

Change the 70 to 90 and you may be able to continue the current career but if you can't it should keep the error from being generated in any future campaigns. This thread at the UBI forums from 2005 addresses the problem and fixes that will allow you to finish the campaign and one that should keep it from ever happening again.

DGen ("beep" sound) error with stock TA-152 campaign: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post7504023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuna15 @ UBI forums
I'm afraid that I can't post my status.dat anymore, but I still have DGenERROR.log so here it is:

============ eof ==============
===== missions/campaign/de/dgen_t_berlindoe0/Summary.dat =====
4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
============ eof ==============
[Nov 25, 2005 9:10:50 PM] Mission: campaign/de/DGen_T_Berlindoe0/50427.mis is Playing
Mission found, reset
it is our Mission
Berlin
ReadDB sorties:1
Cannot assign any towns to Germans, 0 points

DGen ("beep" sound) error with stock TA-152 campaign: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5970856
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrelut1964 @ UBI forums
Hello guys,

Another working fix is to edit the original Berlin.DB file with Notepad as follows:

[Schedule]
50314 90
50315 -5
50320 0

In the schedule section, simply replace "70" by "90". That is all!

This fix will give more cities to the Germans at the beginning, and allow a more dynamic front line at the end of the campaign (the Germans lose a lot of cities), with more airfields transfers.

There is no bug at the end as well.

Cheers,

Vince
Wheels

Edit:
These two articles cover how DGen functions fairly well.

How to update DGEN Campaigns: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=266 (@ M4T)

DGen Studies: http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.ph...n_Studies.html (@ SimHQ)

Last edited by wheelsup_cavu; 07-30-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added link to KB article at M4T and DGen studies thread @ SimHQ.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

@Wheelsup-Cavu. Thank you for that information. You’ve been very kind. I will read the links you provided and make the necessary changes. Cheers
Old 08-03-2018, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

The links to the DGen articles are just for information if you want to learn about it at a later date. The only thing that needs to be changed for now is the [Schedule] section of the Berlin db file. Changing that section will either fix your current campaign and allow it to be finished or worst case scenario keep you from having this problem in any future campaigns when the Berlin.db file is utilized.

Wheels
Old 09-24-2018, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu View Post
The only thing that needs to be changed for now is the [Schedule] section of the Berlin db file.
I'm sorry to contradict you, Wheel, but I had the same error ("No Map in Mission File") even with 90 at the beginning of the [Schedule] section of the Berlin.db file.

I believe the problem is insoluble, as described in this answer (dated 12-21-2010, from the thread you find here):

" Crashing near the end of the Berlin campaign is quite common no matter which plane you fly. And it's more common flying the German side. I have flown the Berlin one a lot on both sides and about one third of my campaigns crash somewhere near the end. Usually in April 1945.

It's a bug in the DGEN files that nobody was ever able to ferret out, not even the guy that wrote the whole DGEN dynamic campaign program!! His name is Starshoy Kolosov and I remember writing to him about the crash at SimHQ over five years ago. Not really much can be done about it. Starshoy has been "MIA" for at least 4 years, he gave up on the whole affair it would seem.
"

Regards,
GB
Old 10-22-2018, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

We are discussing different DGen errors greybeard.
"Cannot assign any towns to Germans, 0 points" and "No Map in Mission File" are two different DGen errors.
The town error can be remedied by altering the point values assigned to the towns but the "No map" error you mention may very well be unsolvable.

Wheels