Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 09-15-2016, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Further Ultrapack development?

As part of coming back to IL-2, I looked to see if Ultrapack had gotten any further than version 3.0, only to find the forums dead as a doornail. Thankfully their downloads page still works and I am in the long process of reinstalling IL2 from my 2-CD set, patching it all the way to 4.13, and then putting in my old combination of HSFX + UP. (and with my lousy cheap Internet connection it's gonna take awhile!)

I can't even register at the UP forums to comment, so things there must REALLY be dead. Looking at the most recent post dates the only thing I can conclude is that within a few months everybody just...up and left. So does anyone here know what happened to the UP community? Will there be any more progress on the beloved Ultrapack?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Ask me if I care

The Ultrapack lead developer "Hades" has left IL-2 long time ago.
We've taken over further development of UP3 at SAS, you can find the dedicated board here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,186.0.html

So far we've nailed out lots of old bugs from UP3RC4 and released a "Patch Pack" which includes all fixes plus a set of new features, e.g. Control Surface and Pilot Head movement replication in online sessions and, probably most notably, the integration of IL-2 4.13's AI code in UP3.

We're also hosting a UP3 server on hyperlobby which is usually populated around the european evening hours and sees big action every sunday 3PM GMT for about 4 hours at least when the "Flying Ass Clowns" hold their sunday session on this server, with a little luck the "Chuffy's Flying Circus" meets on the same server right after that.
Subforum for the UP3 Server can be found here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,237.0.html

Stats are available here:
http://www.sas1946.rocks/up3test/

UP3 isn't dead, don't worry.
The "long term" plan is to put totgether something like "UP4", but this will take a while.

Best regards - Mike
Old 11-10-2016, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

:salute: