Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
OH and BBM.. that wasn't so much a gripe thread as it was a ....
Yep, my bad there to call your thread a 'gripe' one, BC....guilty of typing first, thinking afterwards....
It does seem the AI is the biggest feature, though. I'm going to try put together a set of screenies to demonstrate some of the ridiculous AI behaviour I see every now and then, maybe it will be easier for Oleg and co to see what we're talking about...
Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

I have a few tracks... In one I am on a 190 in my P-47.. my wingman is right there... I see another 190 trying to get on me.. I ask the wing for cover.. he acknowledges... the guys starts shooting... I ask for cover he acknowledges.. now all the time the bandit is between my wingman and me... I say anyone help me.. he acknowledges.. Im still getting tagged.. but Im jinking and jukeing... he hasnt fired a shot... I say Attack Fighters... he says Rgr engaging.. and wings over to go after some bandit somewhere else...LOL.... In a similar instance... he came to life and began attacking the bandit I was attacking.... LOL

I still think this AI is good... but frustrating.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

Having flyable Avenger, Kate and Ki-21 (All major A/C in the PTO) would open up alot of PTO scenarios.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Those two pits are the most wanted pits................ever
Ki-21 is also cool but those two above are essential.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

I would like to see a better online scoring system.

Example 1:

Every map has a mission to complete. At the end of the time, all the players on the losing teams score is set back to zero. So if you do not complete the objective as a team, null points. That would stop the point hoes from racking up a large score even if their team fails. The winning team members get a fat score added for winning the mission. A tie score, both teams lose half of their points. Then maybe the AirQuake(tm) servers would just dry up.

Example 2:

Limited number of planes. Once one side has run out......Loser! Again makes people work as a team. As above, you lose, points gone. This gives a limited DF game.

I would also see that every base selected has FLAK built in. Then strafing (it is not vulching kinder! ) would be allowed.

Oh, BTW, ONLY Red fly Red and Blue fly Blue..... no more everyone in Spifires or I-185's.

I know, not all servers have that setup, but if it is not set up so, it won't happen.

DerAlte
Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

I would also like to see shared points and team points....
Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Shared and team points are alright if you're flying coops, but some people like to fly solo. Yeah yeah, it's not historically correct to fly solo, but this is a game after all. It seems like the points award system would be better left up to the server so the players could choose one they like. Maybe have the option for individual or team scoring systems selected by the server to allow for this.

Being able to award 1/2 kills for shared kills would be nice.

Gunstat data for offline players. I know you can set up a mulitplayer mission and play alone to get this data, but I'd like to be able to see it in my campaigns too.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Dear Santa I would like to have: test runway3 in grass, earth and winter colour cos we FMB users rarely get the chance to be heard.

thank you very much and send love to mrs. Santa

Born to fly...forced to work!!!