Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Now that that has been resolved we can get back to the Spitfires.......
Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Should not be to hard, but once flying I hardly notice it, to concerned on whats happening around me.

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf
Should not be to hard, but once flying I hardly notice it, to concerned on whats happening around me.
True man, but i would rather see more of wings painted in your excellent skins when looking on the side from cockpit.

stay well
Z

p.s. thanks for all of your skinning work !!!

Born to fly...forced to work!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Cheers mate

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

bump
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_zo
as i said point of view needs to be higher like in all other spitfires, you should be able to see the nose and wings should be more visible .... just compare with pics of MkVb i posted.
No, that is not the problem. The cockpit is too high in the Vc model, as I have pointed out a long time ago. If you use the external 3D model of the Spit Vc for reference, the PoV of the pilot already is outside and above the cockpit. The reason you can't see the engine cowling behind the frame of the windshield is because it is about half a meter lower than the lower edge of the frame. For the same reason the wings appear smaller.

The height of the PoV is fairly easy to judge if you check what portion of the prop you see when you switch off the engine.

It has been said on some forums that this could not be corrected because of problems with the 3D model.

btw the Seafires and/or Spitfire VIIIs had the "same" cockpit bug when they were released (Spit Vb and IX are made from another 3.Party modeller-IIRC Gibbage)
wondering if the 3D model proplems of the Spit Vc are the same as in the other ones - i belive Vc, VIII and Seafires are based on the same basis
Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Not wanting to pour oil on a fire or disparage ya fly_zo but I'd say this is pretty minor compared to the view from a FW190 seat.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

[quote=btw the Seafires and/or Spitfire VIIIs had the "same" cockpit bug when they were released (Spit Vb and IX are made from another 3.Party modeller-IIRC Gibbage)
wondering if the 3D model proplems of the Spit Vc are the same as in the other ones - i belive Vc, VIII and Seafires are based on the same basis[/quote]

i believe so , but since Oleg didn't bother to answer any question it's obvious that whole point of starting this forum is Sow BoB marketing. No question regarding Il2 will be answered i'm afraid.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatSpinMan
Not wanting to pour oil on a fire or disparage ya fly_zo but I'd say this is pretty minor compared to the view from a FW190 seat.
Hi m8,
if you did read first few posts ( speciali one from Kuna) you'd realize that i'm ok with pointing out any graphical error in this tread. So yes Fw190 bar needs to be addressed too!

stay well
Z