Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16Enk
We here will buy regardless of the publisher, it's how 1C get it to people who don't know of their fine pedigree that is the question.
That's the problem; people that don't know Oleg Maddox and his company.....
Thing is even if they are not much of a sim enthusiasts that SoW game will be "da bomb" and worth buying.

I just wish that marketing does their part of the job good, and the selling thing goes great, that could mean that we can get better/more/faster stuff afterwards
Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16Enk
We here will buy regardless of the publisher, it's how 1C get it to people who don't know of their fine pedigree that is the question.
Maybe we should all do our bit in our own areas to spread the word. Tell your friends, their friends, the next door neighbours kids, whoever. Imagine how impressed 1C will be if they think that each of us here might well make more sales for them, as well!
Personally, I've ensured 5 sales of 1946, just by convincing people to buy it - some people, believe it or not, are easily convinced.
One of my sales methods, the easiest, but involves a bit of time hanging out in your local PC game store - you see someone who is looking, and they don't look too sure, i.e: a mom or dad, looking to buy a game for their kids, something like that. I then go up and offer my advice; Try this great flight sim - you get to shoot stuff too!! ' Almost too easy - they believe me because I believe myself, and I don't even work in the PC store, therefore I don't have the obvious ulterior motive for my advice -
The other sales was me convincing some mates to buy it.
They are all way impressed, and why not? It's a kickass product!

So, if I worked for 1C, and I saw what kind of people (via this forum) were buying the results of my hard work, and how much they appreciated it, I would definitely be wanting to do my best to keep them impressed, and not let them down. This forum is our best opportunity to 'impress' 1C, and in a very subtle way, make them 'want' to make their product even better for us!
The opposite also stands true, if we all behave like a bunch of spoilt-brat whiners, they might not be that worried about keeping us happy...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

True. I have gotten at least 10 people to buy 1946 so far. It's not very widely known until you bring it to their attention.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

I have personally bought 5 copies of 46, 3 copies of the GOLD pack.. and two of FB when it first came out.... all as gifts... Not to mention all te recommendations.. When I worked at Best Buy I set up a PC with FB on it and looped the tracks to just run... I cant tell you how many times folks would be walking by and stop dead in their tracks... I sold lots of video cards, RAM and joysticks that way.. not to mention copies of 46. LMAO.. I used to even intercept people I saw grabbing... the MSCFS... "No you dont want that.... this is what you want... " One guy went home.. and promptly came back.. he wound up getting CH,TIR etc.. and still flies to this day on HL... Most of the people though who bought it... either couldn't hang with it or didnt give it time.... or they remain anonymous....
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

(quote)
I am wondering if this forum means that 1C is planning to publish it's own stuff in the future w/o UBI....

That was my first though when seeing the new forum...and yes I think it would be good for us and 1C
Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

In fact, if you look below where it say's jump to...1C publishing is listed....but not active link yet
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall
In fact, if you look below where it say's jump to...1C publishing is listed....but not active link yet
Fascinating.

Wasn't the structure of the distro already contracted and such?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall
BTW: just tried the link and its working now
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Hmmm.

So this is where everybody is hanging out since the Hyperlobby woes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

It is good to be here, my first post on the new forums.