Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > A Farewell to dragons

A Farewell to dragons A Farewell to Dragons is a classic Action/RPG that takes place in the universe based on the fantasy book written by famous Russian writers Sergey Lukyanenko and Nikolay Perumov.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Default Hard difficulty?

Was wondering what difficulty is recommended?

I am a long-time rpger with siginficant experience with tactical rpgs like baldur's gate. Am currentlly playing Dragon Age on hard (with only one mage for healing only btw), so I prefer a challenge.

However, have been burned before with games and spent many hours only to find that progress was halted by difficulty level combined with wonky game balancing. So was hoping someone could speak to the differences between hard and normal and this game and to what degree each are viable or challenging.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

mostly depends on your skill.i can't give you details because i haven't tried hard difficulty yet. if you want a real challenge play on hard ,normal difficulty is not very hard for me.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

So still wondering if anybody has tried hard to any extent. Just for simple test, I went through tutorial on normal and then hard.

On normal, I kill the boar in a couple of hits and take like maybe 5-15% damage. This is just using dagger autoattack and no training.

On hard, it takes many more hits to kill the boar and I end up almost dying by taking like 90% damage. Once again, just using autoattacks.

This would seem to imply that hard is significantly harder by several orders. Is this how it plays out in the full game as well. If so, hard may be so difficult it makes the game way too tough.

Once again, would love to hear someone's experienced input on this.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

on hard it just takes longer to kill the creatures and i think they do more damage

but i think a human brain knows howto kill those creatures anyway

u can boost some skill/perks in such a way they vaporise in seconds