Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 12-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Default Saitek throttle quadrant problem

Hi,
This is for IL2 HSFX Sturmovik game.
I have a high quality rig including 2 Saitek throttle quardants.
After programming initially all went well using them as throttle , elev trim , throttle etc over the 6 sticks of th 2 units.
Then one unit went native and refused to work proportionaly and as soon as you moved the stick it went from 0-100%.
This only happened on one stick. I reset controls and dumped the config file and rebooted many times , still the same. I then gave both sets to a friend who as yet has not used them so no current feed back.
I bought two more units !
Now one has gone native again.
The Saitek test software shows no problem and if i change the bad throttle to the secon quadrant it works fine. Somehow its in the game I believe.
Any ideas welcome
Thank you
David
Old 06-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

I can't help, but I wanted to add something that may be related. I was using CH quadrant (6 levers) to taxi, then switching to a CH single throttle to fly. It was amazingly trouble free. But, after a while, I could not change engine 3 with the quadrant. But, If I selected that engine, the single throttle controlled it just fine. Maybe the game does confuse controllers when it gets a bit complex.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 AM
71st_Mastiff

the game doesn't recognize more than 4 or 5 controllers or inputs.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 09-23-2015, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

Just the first 4 controllers. What the 'first four' controllers are, is a bit of a mistery: I researched and it seems that windows sorts the USB game controllers (hexa)alphabetically by vendor id / product id. I developed YaDeLi to get the axes of controller five, six, et al into the game.

But I am not sure that this is the problem here. Works ok under Windows (test with USB Gamecontroller, properties)? Is recognized in IL-2 (Controllers)? Acts funnily?

-------------------------------------------------------------