Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall
In fact, if you look below where it say's jump to...1C publishing is listed....but not active link yet
Fascinating.

Wasn't the structure of the distro already contracted and such?

Yes, I would quess so, but who know's what is going on....a real info blackout is what we have going on right now....hopeing to hear something new here soon...ok so I am a dreamer
Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

A bump to get ahead of the locked one's
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossmalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by B16Enk
We here will buy regardless of the publisher, it's how 1C get it to people who don't know of their fine pedigree that is the question.
Maybe we should all do our bit in our own areas to spread the word. Tell your friends, their friends, the next door neighbours kids, whoever. Imagine how impressed 1C will be if they think that each of us here might well make more sales for them, as well!

It does seem like this game could have a larger fanbase if they would advertise/ distribute better. I noticed at the local CompUSA last week they didn't have 1946, but they still had 2 copies of Pacific Fighters on the shelf. I don't think I've ever seen 1946 there. Maybe they sold the copies they had, who knows. But, they had a computer set up running demos of FSX and several addons for it, all in their own special corner of the PC games section. Things like that get attention. Of course 1C doesn't have the big advertising budget like MS.

What about advertising at airshows? Wouldn't having a computer running demos of the game or even one people could try it on be good advertising? You'd certainly be reaching the target audience at such events. Or maybe they do this already, has anyone noticed?

I've tried to get my friends and coworkers hooked on flight simming, but they are all into the FPS or RTS games. They all say flight sims are boring, too much of the same thing (and FPS games offer alot of variety?). The LAN parties at the university here all focus on FPS games.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Re: OK.. so moving right along......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
Now that we have enough of the useless "I cant think of anything else to say so I'll just rehash one of the old clices... ie... 50s, elevator etc etc etc... "posts....

I am wondering if this forum means that 1C is planning to publish it's own stuff in the future w/o UBI.... and does anyone think that would be a good thing... or not?
Personally, I think that games published by Ubi (and I've purchased quite a few from different genres) tend to lack a certain 'polish' that other titles have. Little things like spelling errors, etc.

I also hate the way ubi games are forced to interface with ubi.com

Why not just have an ingame lobby like battle.net or novaworld or gamespy?

Ultimately, I hope Ubi and 1C continue to put out stuff that is the same quality as IL2. However from a business standpoint it couldn't hurt for 1C to 'shop around,' as it were.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by na85

Personally, I think that games published by Ubi (and I've purchased quite a few from different genres) tend to lack a certain 'polish' that other titles have. Little things like spelling errors, etc.
Thats down to the developer. The publisher does have a certain degree of QA (at least in my experience working in a publisher) but the developer takes care of most of the localizsation work. I don't think Ubi games are any better or worse than any other publishers. Some of there games are lack some polish but then look at EA's back catalogue. It can take them months to fix a bug that means half there player base can't play a certain game.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by na85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
Now that we have enough of the useless "I cant think of anything else to say so I'll just rehash one of the old clices... ie... 50s, elevator etc etc etc... "posts....

I am wondering if this forum means that 1C is planning to publish it's own stuff in the future w/o UBI.... and does anyone think that would be a good thing... or not?

I also hate the way ubi games are forced to interface with ubi.com

Why not just have an ingame lobby like battle.net or novaworld or gamespy?

Ultimately, I hope Ubi and 1C continue to put out stuff that is the same quality as IL2. However from a business standpoint it couldn't hurt for 1C to 'shop around,' as it were.
Thats the thing though.... the quality of IL2 has nothing to do with UBI... and everything to do with 1C... so I am wondering if whatever restrictions were placed on 1C if there were any, by UBI will be no longer a factor.. which I imagine would be the case if and thyats a big if because I have no clue... this means that 1C is in fact breaking away...
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey
Glad to be here, and see all the old faces. I won't be going back"over there".
That u monty?
Hells angels late 15th AF monterey?

Aloha
Old 10-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

The fact that Oleg hasn't posted a word at the Ubi forum since may 15th (AFIK) and the fact that he has stated that there will be news on this forum makes me belive that Oleg and Ubi are not cooperating well anymore.
In my opinion Ubi have done a lousy publishers job compared to other companies. This sim has been the best flightsim around for 7 years and still it is largely unknown to the general public. If i go to gaming stores I will see at least 10 copies of MS flightsims and 1 (or less) of this one.

I don't know if it is a good thing if 1C decides to publish BoB on their own, that remains to see. But it can't be that difficult to do a better job than Ubi have done.

Skarphol
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Approved Member

I'm all for 1C publishing their own stuff...as far as being able to control content and presentation this could be a really good thing for the "IL2" series.

And if things work out for them it could mean a much healthier profit margin for themselfs...

However is dose mean a larger financial risk/investment on their part, and I would hate to see "IL2" disappear in a quagmire of financial woes...