Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Default Crossworlds and Armored Princess

I picked up both games pack as part of the Humble Bundle weakly sale, but I'm a little confused about Armored Princess and Crossworlds. Everywhere I look says Crossworlds is an expansion to Armored Princess, but it's over twice the size, and has to be downloaded separately instead of as add-on content. Do I beat Armored Princess first, then transfer my save over to Crossworlds? Or will they merge once I've downloaded both? Or does Crossworlds include Armored Princess in it, making Armored Princess nothing more than a waste of space on my computer? Is there any advantage to downloading Crossworlds before beating Armored Princess?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
I picked up both games pack as part of the Humble Bundle weakly sale, but I'm a little confused about Armored Princess and Crossworlds. Everywhere I look says Crossworlds is an expansion to Armored Princess, but it's over twice the size, and has to be downloaded separately instead of as add-on content. Do I beat Armored Princess first, then transfer my save over to Crossworlds? Or will they merge once I've downloaded both? Or does Crossworlds include Armored Princess in it, making Armored Princess nothing more than a waste of space on my computer? Is there any advantage to downloading Crossworlds before beating Armored Princess?
A basic overview:
The KB series began with King's Bounty: The Legend.
KB: Armored Princess is the sequel, with a completely new campaign.
KB:Crossworlds is an expansion, not a sequel. It contains four campaigns:
1) the original Armored Princess
2) a modified Armored Princess campaign called Orcs on the March
3) a mini-campaign called Defender of the Crown
4) a mini-campaign called Champion of the Arena

Orcs on the March is 95% Armored Princess, with some added content and some changes, most noticeably to the Orc race. Fighting orcs with their adrenaline-stoked abilities requires different tactics than before. But the overall campaign is little different from AP.

Crossworlds also includes an editor, which may account for much of the increase in file size that you see. Unfortunately, the editor interface is not good and it's still full of bugs. If you ever used the HOMM editors, this one is it's mirror opposite - the HOMM editor was incredibly easy to use, CR editor is incredibly difficult. A real missed opportunity for 1C, IMO.

So, bottom line: AP and CR are essentially the same campaign. In many ways I prefer AP - the main benefit of CR to me are the additional items, some of which are quite useful. I'm not a huge fan of what they did with orcs, but YMMV.

One last note: you do not transfer characters from game to game - each is stand-alone.

Enjoy!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. So then what's the point of having both AP and Crossworlds on steam, both for $20?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Because to play Crossworlds, you need installed Ap. It`s addon , but you still can play normal Ap with Cw installed. So on Steam they made offer to have normal game Ap, and it`s expansion for that 20 dollars. You buy both, but can play either depending on your choice. Good luck in this game, i hope you`ll enjoy as many of us did