Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

Default Questions about the "shaman crash". Emblems and Trophies calculations etc.

Hello,

First post

I finished of the "legend" just about a year ago.
Now I have been playing "crossworlds" installed on "GameStop"

I love the game, but there is a terrible bug that i don't know how to deal with. I have the 1.3.1.006 version installed. Also the hotfix for rune mages is installed.

I encounter the following bugs.

Worst:
*orc shamans* - Every time they use the ability were they get enraged the game seems to freeze. If I ctrl-alt-delete to windows" i get a "label not found:add_blog_shaman_trophy_spent_2" icon. Pressing the retry-button returns me to the game, and the game continues normally. However, it is extremely painful to fight against orc shamans, as this happens every time the ability is used. For the same reason, it is impossible to use them as your own troops.

I knot this bug has been investigated - but it is 2 years ago, I think.
Is there any solution available for this at persent?

A very bad one:
-"random crashes to desktop during combat is frequent - excpecially when fighting against enemy heroes". Sometimes the battle can be fought again whitout a crash upon reloading the game - sometimes it will crash again and again. If the enemy must be fought against (such as the lizard in montero) and the game chooses to "always crash" - then the game must be restarted from the very beginning or from some very old save

A quite bad one:
*Using the spell "poisonous spit" against the "kraken", often crashes the game.

Also, many descriptions (more than I can count) is compleatly misleading.

Just a few.

-The standard "snake"-units special ability is supposed to poison the target but it does not. Instead, it stuns the target.

-"Army drum" is supposed to increase the morale of all units, but it only increase the morale of humans.

I suppose no more patches will ever fix theese issues?
This is sad. Theese are very numerous.

Then just a few questions regarding game mechanics.

-"Emblems" seems to "stagnate" at times. (they do not increase as they are supposed to). At least those related to magic. Using "stone skin" or "healing" during the first ten rounds of combat are expecially easy to track.

for me, this brigngs forth the question:
-Are you limited to only 1 point of increase in each battle?
(for instance using "stone skin" twice and mages "shield" once during one battle, does that count as 3 points, or only 1 point?

"Battle alchemy" does not seem to be affected by this, if the poisoning/igninting is done by units.

However, if done using spells, then the outcome seems unpredictable.

Also, how exactly does the "officers patent" work?
How are trophies calculated?

For me, during very early game, I get a lot of trophies from killing very weak units while later on, even epic battles gives very, very little trophies.

It does not seem to have any relevance to how "weak" or "impossible" the enemy is.

Am I punished for using the same kind of "units" over a long period of time? Or for frequently using the same spells?

Any answer is appreciated, as I', compleatly cluesless about this one.

Thanks for any answer!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurus the Second View Post
Hello,

Also, many descriptions (more than I can count) is compleatly misleading.

Just a few.

-The standard "snake"-units special ability is supposed to poison the target but it does not. Instead, it stuns the target.

-"Army drum" is supposed to increase the morale of all units, but it only increase the morale of humans.

I suppose no more patches will ever fix theese issues?
This is sad. Theese are very numerous.
I know it seems strange, but only Marsh Snakes do poison damage. Both Snake and Royal Snake do physical. Royal Snake has a chance to poison its target, while Snakes have a chance to stun. Just a guess, but the designers probably wanted some variety.

Concerning item descriptions - yep, many of them are confusing, deceptive, or just downright wrong. It's been mentioned many times on these forums, so don't expect any changes. There is a fan-designed manual available that I believe helps clear up some of the descriptions (and has a lot of useful info besides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurus the Second View Post
Hello,
Then just a few questions regarding game mechanics.

-"Emblems" seems to "stagnate" at times. (they do not increase as they are supposed to). At least those related to magic. Using "stone skin" or "healing" during the first ten rounds of combat are expecially easy to track.

for me, this brigngs forth the question:
-Are you limited to only 1 point of increase in each battle?
(for instance using "stone skin" twice and mages "shield" once during one battle, does that count as 3 points, or only 1 point?

"Battle alchemy" does not seem to be affected by this, if the poisoning/igninting is done by units.

However, if done using spells, then the outcome seems unpredictable.

Also, how exactly does the "officers patent" work?
How are trophies calculated?

For me, during very early game, I get a lot of trophies from killing very weak units while later on, even epic battles gives very, very little trophies.

It does not seem to have any relevance to how "weak" or "impossible" the enemy is.

Am I punished for using the same kind of "units" over a long period of time? Or for frequently using the same spells?

Any answer is appreciated, as I', compleatly cluesless about this one.

Thanks for any answer!
Emblems. I'm guessing you mean Awards. A few are a bit tricky - for example, trap only increases if you destroy (not just damage) a stack. The stack doesn't have to be at full strength, so one good strategy is to whittle down a stack, then plop a trap in front of it for the coup de grace. Also, the stack cannot be a summoned unit - trap will kill it, but that won't count toward the trap award.

Concerning how it counts for spells, each use of the spell in the first ten rounds counts. One way to rush the Guardian Angel award is to bring four archmages into your army, one per stack, and have each of them cast defensive shield every couple rounds. Multiple castings of stone skin, fire arrow, etc. also count multiple times toward the number required.

I can't help you with the Patent. It never seemed to help much, and it takes up a valuable slot I can usually fill with something better, so it sits in my backpack most of the game.

As for the crashes, I have no clue. The game has been pretty stable for me since I got 1.3.1 (build 6170). Could be a graphic card issue, or you might need to reinstall the game, especially if you've modded anything.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Ok, thanks for the info.

Strange though, that the obvious "Orc Shaman" game killer bug has not been adressed
and that the new feature introduced in "crossworlds" - namely the patent-system is not explained by the developers at all.

I agree with you that as of such, the Patent is truly worthless and quickly have to give way for more valuable items.

It feels so unnessesary that they leave a great game like this behind with some many bugs that could have been easily fixed. I don't mind the strange English at points. I understand that translating something from russian into English is not that easy. But the wrong descrtiptions ... why have the developers not taken 15 minutes of their time to fix theese issues? It feels like complete ignorance.

Well, It is still a great game though.

As for stability, the game is actually pretty stable. However, not only may it crash during battle but also after. What often happens is..

A) after the battle, the battle loading-screen appears, but it then lets me continue on the main map.

B) after the battle, the battle loading-screen appears, AND I have to re-fight the same battle again! Then, I am allowed to continue the game. (not sure If i get XP for both battles or only for one)

C) after the battle, the battle loading-screen appears, AND after finnished loading, the game crashes to desktop.

Strange bugs indeed. But well, as soon as I finish this one of I move to the "Warriors of the north"

It's not so easy though, since I play on Hard, AND limit myself by time. Also, I do not allow myself ANY defeat. So if I lose ANY battle, I restart.

Last edited by Saurus the Second; 06-06-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Crap, im having those random crashes as well and all started 2 dazy ago, Playing GOG-s Crossworlds GOTY 1.3.1 (6171) i was fighting some orc shamans and game freezed. i alt tab it and there was some error
"add_blog_shaman_trophy_spent_2" icon"
i chose ignore and there you go.. Now i got crashes on 70 % of battles no matter against who i fight and its not fun anymore..

Is it possible that after allmost a 4 year( i thing someone reported that problem in 2010)
noone of god damn developers didnt bother to fix a damn thing ??

any ideas people???

Running win 7 I have all last drivers and all forsaken windows updates and no i didn't modded a game in any way beside choosing Personal Nickname at beginning which is not modding anyway