Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

@Pip_boy Ofc there is way to add just this new units in regular red sands mod, only copy all files from here to your sessions/red_sands/... folder. Files you need are :
1) in ATOMS folder copy files of legendary units maelstorm, titan. . .,
2) in CONFIG folder copy troop.txt and edit morale.txt and special_params.txt to add strings mentioning new units
3) EXP SYSTEM copy exp_system_cfg.txt
4) INTERFACE TEXTURES copy all new png files to your game folder
5) LOCALIZATION/eng/other copy eng_legendary_warriors.lng and eng_unit_features.lng
6) MODELS SRIPTS TEXTURES copy all new files to their location in your game folder
This should do it, but consider that without rest of extreme mod files you wont have all units on debir on start just saying. Good luck and have fun
Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Ohh thanks for the information. As soon as i learn a bit about modding I'll start to try to make some mods to help the community,many thanks again for the tip .
Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

@grimeleven Truly Impossible
Stronger enemy forces! from impossible 170% to 300%! welcome a 12k Peasants, 75 Archdemons or a stack of 368 Bone Dragons...
Yea 12k peasants arent problem, but you changed this also in exp_system_cfg.txt : Max Health +45, and now i found 12800 peasants with 48 hp each. Is there some way to limitt how much hp units gain with lvling, 1-2lvl max 5hp, 3lvl max 15hp, 4lvl 30hp, 5th 50hp. This random bonus when unit lvlup is to imbalanced.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Approved Member

Yeah i knew it but that's good some people test it out, it will be reduced to 25 next update. I was expecting the script randomness to have low chance of an enemy getting that much HP, i guess it's not that simple. About the Maelstrom, i didn't touch those level 5 units .lua pretty much from his mod, so things are like he wanted them to be but i guess we can change it.

I know those new units have too much leadership requirements but what if they had like 2500, wow they would be overpowered, so instead of lowering all their stats and skills i figured i'd leave them like that can they cost a huge amount of gold anyway. Also since most of them do special area attacks, they would be able to solo anything with lower leadership imo.

Oh and don't forget the archdemons, you will almost never get archdemons to hit something that has lower leadership than them to trigger the "Halve" so they were weak in impossible, halve just serves when u almost killed em all. Now the Oblivion ability is borrowed from Red Sand unit "Dryad" so it would affect it too, i might just check on to make it a new skill, later.

I believe the stun for Titans is that "custom_params {stun=40}" prolly means it adds a chance to stun on attacks.

"eng_unit_features.lng you didnt add new units in description, does it make any problems with units in game,or its not important ? " eng_legendary_warriors.lng contains all the new units info, so yes it can be in a separate file the game reads it and show tooltips.

Changes v1.1 - as usual copy/overwrite files
Exp system 25 max HP
Ogre Chieftains -20 Dmg
Cyclops -40 Magic Res
Dictators to Demon Portal spell
Sinister +1 Morale from Black Knights
Maelstrom, bonus damage to Runemage, Chieftains

Thanks Fatt Shade for your input and glad others are trying it as well.

Updated main post with 1.1
Shouldn't cause problem for games started with 1.0
Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Great mod, trying it out now. Sooo many runes tho.. and I dont even spam find treasure that much. Are you supposed to max out on those half way thru the game ?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

@grimeleven For legendary units yea lds is to high but i didnt lower it to 2000, but 3000-3500 so i could take at least 1 after first loop debir-scarlet-rusty-verona(to kite)-bolo, just to try them out and see how they work (i never player their mod before)
I agree all legendary are to strong, but cost and lds cover that basically. Ok archdemon are almost useless for player with `halve` since all enemy are larger stacks leadershipvise so oblivion is nice add, i haven thought it through.
And since you changed some spells in your mod here could you pls check my last post here and give me some hints/help :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25033

And pls tell me how to see after battle how much my units/spells/pet dragon made dmg% like here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...3&d=1313083844
I`ve seen this bunch of times and never asked how to add it in my game.

@pwnzor Whell runes wont mean that much in this mod anyway, since yuoll fight with legions of strong enemy, so you`ll need every bit of skill and luck in couple of extra runes doesn`t mean that much.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 08-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
@grimeleven For legendary units yea lds is to high but i didnt lower it to 2000, but 3000-3500 so i could take at least 1 after first loop debir-scarlet-rusty-verona(to kite)-bolo, just to try them out and see how they work (i never player their mod before)
I agree all legendary are to strong, but cost and lds cover that basically. Ok archdemon are almost useless for player with `halve` since all enemy are larger stacks leadershipvise so oblivion is nice add, i haven thought it through.
And since you changed some spells in your mod here could you pls check my last post here and give me some hints/help :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25033

And pls tell me how to see after battle how much my units/spells/pet dragon made dmg% like here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...3&d=1313083844
I`ve seen this bunch of times and never asked how to add it in my game.

@pwnzor Whell runes wont mean that much in this mod anyway, since yuoll fight with legions of strong enemy, so you`ll need every bit of skill and luck in couple of extra runes doesn`t mean that much.
Ok replied for your spell question http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...55&postcount=6

I tried to change my leadership to 40000 to test out the new units and it seemed not so bad because my other "regular" units were doing more damage than them. Somehow someone that reach high level could report if the ldr should be lowered to match the other level 5's in balance, like i said it's untested

To see the damage results, just click "Details" at the bottom left of the "Victory" window, it will stay like that for rest of the game too.

Edit:
@Pip_boy to add to what Fatt said, if you also want all races on debir, it's the files in the folder "locs" which contain the shop items/units etc so copy that folder as well. Optional if you want to be able to resurrect demons,undead, buffs dragons etc it's contained in spells.txt, copy if you want.

Last edited by grimeleven; 08-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Thx for reply, i figured out how to change items/medals spells still cause some problem. I`ll try somethings out for that.
And question about morale file in your RSE did you change something in hint_moral_onerace ? Since my humans dont get +1 morale when all human army (or any other race by that matter i tried all elf/dwarf/orc ).
Old 08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Thx for reply, i figured out how to change items/medals spells still cause some problem. I`ll try somethings out for that.
And question about morale file in your RSE did you change something in hint_moral_onerace ? Since my humans dont get +1 morale when all human army (or any other race by that matter i tried all elf/dwarf/orc ).
In morale.txt, morale for one race of human is somewhat disabled. If you want to activate it, delete "//" in "//human=1,hint_morale_onerace"

Maybe, the game want to weaken human race since they are powerful in comparing to other races (except the undead)

To check "hint_morale_onerace" description, open eng_units.lng and look for the line "hint_morale_onerace=All troops of one race."
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

This mod is great fun!
some minor bug i found:
(this one i cannot reproduce) I had stack of adult gobots at exp rank 3, after buying some more they went down back to lvl 1.

I just found ring of ancient kings:
+500Leadership,
-10% Leadership requirement for 5th lvl units
+1 morale for 5th lvl units

morale bonus works with every 5th lvl unit i have, but -10% requirement doesn't work at all