Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Ok so we have asmodean with 3k hp, 750 hp regen per hit/turn, 20% to multiple attack, 25% for unlimited retaliation, 30% evasion, 2 aoe skills, and what else ... ?
Does any1 else think that impossible just lost all it`s meaning ? Playing all game with 1 skeleton archer and asmodean with no problems just seems wrong
I get it`s fun unit, with great skills, but it`s just to much overpowered. Players before droped black knights for this, and we now have even worse situation with asmodean. He`s harder to kill then chaos dragon, more hp/dmg/att/def then any other unit in game and takes only 1 item slot . . .
And about 500% stronger enemy, try logic.txt file in sessions/red_sands/config folder and find this string
alead=0.6|1.1|1.5|2.1 // ęîýô. ëčäĺđńňâŕ âđŕăŕ
it`s enemy leadership (4 numbers for 4 difficulty lvl`s)and change to whichever value you want, there are also pet exp/gold/rage/income and similar settings, so go wild

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 06-24-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

I think Asmodeo gets to 10.000 HP and higher if there is no Level Cap. You are right, the Asmodeo solo is boring at this time, nothing can stop him at Level 59 with 4400 HP.

I don´t have a logic.txt as you mentioned. There is no config folder and my complete installation of kings bounty had no logic.txt.....

I really would like to start Red Sands new with 500 or even 1000% stronger armies I know i am insane.

EDIT: i have found them, red_sands.kfs open with winrar and the logic.txt is here

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, but without cheating, it doesn't seem to work.

If someone can chime on a better technique to get it started. I'm playing as a mage impossible mode.

How do you generate enough rage if you don't use inquisitors? How do you guard the inquisitors AND asmodeus with just stone walls? I had to throw in a Orc Hunter to help buy some time.

From my understanding, he only did the solo when he gave himself two Twinkling boots, so that's just a LITTLE overpowered early on, even if it was to compensate for "lost" medals and "kiting" for a twinking boot.

He also gave himself some huge set of skeleton archers so he could keep asmodeus running around.

The odd part is, soloing with Asmodeus is sometimes much better than not soloing with Asmodeus because you rob him of experience points if you do use him with an army. That is precisely why I have restarted a couple of times.

I am just finding it really hard to start it off fluidly without requiring to kite to get physical resist items. Otherwise, I need a method to heal him or let him fight enough to get all the vital skills.

Any tips anyone? I suppose I could just play it normally and use de-buffs to help feed asmodeus with my other, older saved game. (as opposed to starting over again to supposedly gain more xp for asmodeus).
Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

no, i don´t rob Asmadeo from XP, i don´t use skeleton archers, i had use a single skeleton, and this only to start the battle, not to fight

I have use the first Twinkling boot from the start, because you can farm it without a fight (if you are lucky to have one in the game), the second one after i was in verona, because i had the metal normally always if i reach verona if i have Archmages and 10 stone skin every battle.

It is simple, buy a portion of rage and drink it before the first fight, than you can make one fight after the other (because you don´t need mana), you have always enough rage for walls, if it don´t work drink another portion of rage till Asmadeo is strong enough and has a few heal ablities.

Don´t wait for mana after a fight, you can´t buy enough portion of rage to drink it for every fight, a wall is better then 3 or 4 spells in a fight, rage is more important as mana to keep Asmadeo alive the first fights. If you have the luck (as i have) that you can choose the heal/round at the first level and the more HP at the second level it is done. If there is no of these two it can really be hard...

If i begin new i would rather made a fighter instead of my paladin or your mage, it is slightly easier as a fighter because you can build a few Defense Points quick and at the beginning every point defence is the best you can get. And a mage is later total useless, because Asmadeo make more damage and every wait for full mana is later boring (as every playgame i made as a mage).

Money is total useless (only for items) so if you would like to play as an mage then buy a few strong Damagespells and cast them without mana from the scroll (because you can´t learn it at the beginning). If you play a mage i guess that you know that trap and any poison spell are the best at the start (because of the lowering of Attacking by poisend enemys). Or a slowing spell is more worth as a firebolt and so on...but i don´t use this method, i only use a few spells to kill the 3 enemies at the second battle in the training.

But without kiting or reloading many times for better items at the start i don´t think a solo is working (i hate both, it is boring, thats the reason i gave me a Twinkle boot to use and a helm with 1 defence and a boot with 1 defence - because you can get it from the first few shops if you are lucky).

Edit: and there are a few enemys at the first island that are in every playgame really week, like the two Devilfish at the beach or the few units at the academy. Search for enemys without range attack or week range attack and don´t try to kill every enemy in sight. And don´t forget to make the training at the start, the two battles are really easy and you get 3 items (i destroyed the paladins bevor the fight with the thieves) and you will get a free level for your hero after the training to get a few important runes.
If you run out of money because you will buy spells please note that if you have a sea dog in one of the two not in the battle working spaces you will get 10% Gold of every fight AND every goldpiece you pick up outside the fights.

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-24-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Ah ok! Good tips, thanks!

The reason why I picked the mage is because of double cast. I realize Asmodeus gets more XP the more damage he does.

Imagine if I can cast Pygmy and Doom on an enemy in round 1?

Also, I am not really doing a full solo, but I am trying my best to level up Asmodeus enough so he can sort of do a solo.

Yeah, I did not get the "healing 10% per round" skill.... I still do not have it yet and I am level 7. Bad luck.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

I dont know a single word in Russian, do you guys know when will they release the English version? I'm longing for it ....
Old 06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

there is an english fan based translation:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23485

I don´t understand russian myself, a few translation are really weird (a few skills of units) but it is playable and you can figure a few skills of units by try and error.

Only Quests are not translated yet, but this should not be a problem, but i hope they are translated in the future.

There is no plan from the original mod makers to translate it and as i heard from the original mod makers that even 1C Publishing has no intend to translate this masterpiece.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

I tried impossible as a Mage without any items from the start.

I had a really bad starting, no good item in the first shops, only boots with 1 defence. But it worked without any problem, i am now level 8 and i quit use walls and spells at level 5 (and i have only use 14 spells until then).

A solo is anytime working, no matter which items you have at the beginning.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Ok, I have another question: If I applied this language patch, and then a better one released and I apply the better, will I have to restart the whole game for the new patch to work ? ( Sorry, I'm dumb, never tried it before )
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

No you wont have problems with it , just check new files and replace eng translated, with already existing in your game folder i did that and no problems so far.