Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Yea healing Asmodean is great since only other way to keep him alive is rune mages, and on early game you dont have enough leadership for them. Aditional action points is also great skill on hit/attack. Soloing Asmodean is only possible with undead i think because mystic ritual can heal them and not living units (i think Asmodean cant heal him self either with it). There is some skill that boost that ability but gives more charges, not healing self/live units.
Reading new unit abilities i got fealing that developers wanted to strenghten undead units with new fraction undead lizardmen : Asmodean can resurrect them, medium/adept of darkness/evil genius all have some ability to make evlins after killing enemy troops.
fam_skill_ritual_header=Necromancer
fam_skill_ritual_rank_1_hint=+1 charge to the ability to "<label=special_familiar_deadraiser_name>".
fam_skill_ritual_rank_2_hint=+1 charge to the ability to "<label=special_familiar_deadraiser_name>". You can use it to treat yourself.

I guess we are at the mercy of the auto-translation, but it sounds like later on he can use it to "treat himself", or heal himself.

I don't believe it can heal living units (after re-reading it). What it can do is... HURT your own living units to heal undead units. So, keeping that Paladin stack around so he can feed the undead.... ok this sounds a little diabolical. But hey, he can always resurrect himself or turn back time?

I'm not completely sure if it is worth it though. I guess it helps people who do not want to use rune mages.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Ok i figured it out, it`s not bad idea if going undead army, but without some undead units that abiliti is useless, and cant lvl it at all. And it`s buged i think, can rase all undead except new undead beholder Medium. Why is that ? How to change that options, i can`t find.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Asmadeo is a pure killing machine, on my solo he is level 52 now, has 3744hp, 107 points defence, 87 % resist to melee, 80% to magic and 55% to Fire and poison....he had no mercy with a stack of 20 Black Dragons, only massive Level 3 or Level 4 stacks hurt him so much that it is dangerous. Level 5 units are a piece of cake.

I will never play with him and a full army, he alone is so powerful that it seems to make no fun if you have him and 5 other units.

It is correct, he can heal himself with 3 points in Necromancer.

And the Skill with the ability to heal living units transfers only HP von one friendly living unit to a other friendly unit. But i have only one point in it, if the skill can damage enemys and heal your units later it should be good, but on my solo it is not a priority because i had no other units
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

I forgot something, you can free him after a while (i cannot say exactly when, because i found the option for that around level 42 of him, but it can be that this option was there before.

If you free him you have to pay 2000 leadership, 20 Rage and 20 Mana, but you don´t need to equip the item in the left hand after this to summon him. You can store the item in the backpack. This is costly, but if you play with a full army there is a point in which the 15% less to leadership and mana is greater than the payment to free him.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

For mage that price shouldnt be problem, because he need mana and leadership means little to pure spell dmg hero. Also late game warrior with over 30k leadership can afford it, and 20 rage also dont mean much to him with bloodlust skill, and anyway warrior spells are mainly benefitial/support and 20 mana not much.
@sdshadow can you explain your solo Asmodean build, you must have at least 1 undead unit. From start is hard for asmodean when he doesnt have enough hp/dmg . . .
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshadow View Post
Asmadeo is a pure killing machine, on my solo he is level 52 now, has 3744hp, 107 points defence, 87 % resist to melee, 80% to magic and 55% to Fire and poison....he had no mercy with a stack of 20 Black Dragons, only massive Level 3 or Level 4 stacks hurt him so much that it is dangerous. Level 5 units are a piece of cake.

I will never play with him and a full army, he alone is so powerful that it seems to make no fun if you have him and 5 other units.

It is correct, he can heal himself with 3 points in Necromancer.

And the Skill with the ability to heal living units transfers only HP von one friendly living unit to a other friendly unit. But i have only one point in it, if the skill can damage enemys and heal your units later it should be good, but on my solo it is not a priority because i had no other units
Great to hear! I heard others on the russian forums had great success as well. However, what class are you? I am a mage, and I find Asmodeus is a bit weak early on. I'm also not sure how I can get him to scale up since I would rather not risk putting him in danger by using the lightning / teleport skill.

How do you support him if he is solo? Maybe, Necro Call and the healing thing?

Do you try to use him to attack and "barely" keep him alive to beef up his defense rating? Or do you keep him far away and slowly rack up the attack and disintegration ray skills?

Also, are you playing on Impossible?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

I play on impossible.

I don´t use any spells or any pet dragon skills, it is a truely solo, only Asmadeo.
The only problem is that you really need a few Walls from the pet dragon early when you don´t have any healskills. But if you have the heal at beginning on the round and the Vampireskill to regain health in melee combat you don´t need anyting later.

If you have luck and the more HP, Vampireskill and heal/round is early on the list to choose it should be 5-6 levels of Asmadeo to stopp walls from the pet dragon.

At the time now i have enough power and initiative that i teleport at the beginning of the first round near to the enemy and since i have 3 counters i barely have any health lost till round 2, only the enemy are half down

If there are really strong stacks i tease them a little (Speed 3 and the skill to avoid an attack are really nice).

I would tell that the skill to avoid an attack is to choose later on, because you teleport to an nearby random field after a avoid, if you are not strong it could be your death in no time.

More healing/round, more HP and more Vampirism should be the main picks at the early levels.
Damage reduction in melee is the next choice and later on the fire, poisen protection is a must have, but only if you would kill dragons. Dragons are later at the game and you should pick this skill also later. Then avoid attack and a new attack if you gain damage and if you made damage. I have maxed them all and i have if i are lucky 3 or 4 attacks in one round.

I have only one skeleton each round because the fight don´t start. In the beginning it is good to keep it alive to level the undead heal spell a little, but it go slowly because you can get all other skills in no time to level 20 and the heal undead is on level 2 or 3.

The skeleton dies also quickly. It is no need to level up with the healspell, later on when you have the Necromancer at level 3 you can heal yourself and level faster, but i have the skill now on level 7 and all other skills are beyound 40....you can skip this skill really, it is to slow to levelup.

Example, i get with a critical melee attack 2.000 EXP, a heal from the healing spell with 350 HP get me 30 EXP. I only use it if i need the heal, not for the levelup of this skill.

I choose the paladin, because i thought he has the only skill (avoid 50% damage at time) for Asmadeo, but in over 20 fights it don´t trigger once, it seems it don´t work mit Asmadeo. But i don´t really need it.

If there is no maxlevel of Asmadeo i should reach level 200 at the end of the game, or more.....if he makes more damage, he makes more EXP and he gets later on really much HP and Damage each level.

The only thing that i cheatet is that i give me with the editor a few items (e.g two 15% Damagereduction shoes, one because you can get it (if lucky) without cheating and the second because i cannot reach the medal for damagereduction because i don´t use spells) and a stack from 999 skeleton at the beginning of the game. But only to die, not to make damage or win the first rounds.

English is not my main language, if i wrote anything that is not understandably please ask

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Nice using dragon stone wall for him, i never used that skill, so totaly forgot about it
Yea vampirism and regen early on seems only way to do this.
Why not using dragon ? I love diging chests and mana regen, and you dont need any army for it mystic egg, or any other unit you keep with yourself will do.
Also i found this in eng_fammiliar file :
Rage zloboglaza (beholders rage i think)
fam_skill_anger_rank_1_hint=withdrawing a familiar, getting the damage with a chance of 6% can again operate. Gives 1 OD.
What does this mean, after being hit asmodean have 6/13/19/25% chance to attack again like demon executioner.
Unstoppable i have and it gives me 20% to attack again in same round, but this skill i dont get how it works.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Nice using dragon stone wall for him, i never used that skill, so totaly forgot about it
Yea vampirism and regen early on seems only way to do this.
Why not using dragon ? I love diging chests and mana regen, and you dont need any army for it mystic egg, or any other unit you keep with yourself will do.
Also i found this in eng_fammiliar file :
Rage zloboglaza (beholders rage i think)
fam_skill_anger_rank_1_hint=withdrawing a familiar, getting the damage with a chance of 6% can again operate. Gives 1 OD.
What does this mean, after being hit asmodean have 6/13/19/25% chance to attack again like demon executioner.
Unstoppable i have and it gives me 20% to attack again in same round, but this skill i dont get how it works.
Yes, if Asmodeus gets hit, he has a chance to attack again like a Demon.

It is nice to have both Unstoppable and "Rage".
Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

i have played the game completely 30 times or so, the dragon pet is boring if you have played it so often...thats the matter why i play a solo without pet dragon and spells

The Wall is one of the best spells, at the last level with 5.000 Hitpoints it is a really lifesafer if you play a no loss (witch i have plenty of times with different settings).

After my Asmadeo solo i try a mistik solo (a new unit in red sands), this unit seems to be strong and powerful....i will see

The only other thing thats on my list is a single unit play with a tear one unit (e.g. skeleton archer), but i don´t hope that it will work on impossible, but i don´t start a Kings bounty game on o lower Difficulty...in my opinion impossible is not hard enough, a 500 % stronger army would be nice, but i don´t figured out if this can be changed with the editor.