Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Thanks everyone for your support, i appreciate it a lot!

@Mandea - there's so much new stuff (new quests, characters, units, items, item sets, companions, locations, whole new race, new race features....), so it's not just mod, it's much more than that, a true expansion and it is amazing to play
Your units now gather experience and level-up upgrading their characteristics, but enemy units are leveling and upgrading too, so there's a need for a whole new tactical approach, especially in the early part of the game. Trust me, stack of 200 upgraded Berserkers with +1 speed and initiative can be really scary

@fillyra - unfortunately, at least some basic knowledge of Russian is needed to be of any kinda help, but i appreciate your offer

@zini4_tha_grunt - thank you very much, i hope to finish "other" by the end of the week and i'll send it to you right away so you can correct all wrong unit names and some other miss-translations.
I'll try to translate quests too, but like i said it to you before, all new text regarding conversations is a too big bite for me to chew right now and with my "humble" knowledge of both languages in question, it would take me forever to translate it properly, so i hope there are some guys among your team willing to do this part.

cheers
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

I figured since I made the post I ought to give a proper description and introduction to this expansion. I updated the original post with a rough draft of sorts based upon a rough translation of the Red Sands post on Kingsbounty.ru.

Let me know if I should change anything or if I mistranslated something. I'll also edit it sometime in the future to include information from the posts as well as give credit where credit is due when I can get to it.

EDIT: Oops, I'll need to replace screenshots with some better ones I found on the site.

Last edited by fillyra; 05-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyra View Post
I figured since I made the post I ought to give a proper description and introduction to this expansion. I updated the original post with a rough draft of sorts based upon a rough translation of the Red Sands post on Kingsbounty.ru.

Let me know if I should change anything or if I mistranslated something. I'll also edit it sometime in the future to include information from the posts as well as give credit where credit is due when I can get to it.
I think that Order of 4 levels refers to medals being able to go up to 4th level.
Your pet can already be called in battle, gain experience e.t.c.. That part refers to some kind of familiar which is either that super-beholder Asmadeo, or something else.
I also think that a "New race of Undead Lizardmen." sounds better that just "Undead lizardmen!", but that's just my opinion.
Other than that, you've done a good job translating it.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeking77 View Post
I think that Order of 4 levels refers to medals being able to go up to 4th level.
Your pet can already be called in battle, gain experience e.t.c.. That part refers to some kind of familiar which is either that super-beholder Asmadeo, or something else.
I also think that a "New race of Undead Lizardmen." sounds better that just "Undead lizardmen!", but that's just my opinion.
Other than that, you've done a good job translating it.

Thanks! I corrected the original post. Now those parts look much better.

Last edited by fillyra; 05-31-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Finaly it`s seems some1 read my posts about giving rune bonuses to other units except rune mage. This should be great mod to play, and no loss is much more chalenging but also awarding
Only wonder this : how does geting more units after geting enough leadeship affect those that you already get at some lvl ? Is it same as was in WoG, sharing all exp to new number of units, or . . . ?
Good job so far, i hope to see soon finished version in english. Take care
Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Only wonder this : how does geting more units after geting enough leadeship affect those that you already get at some lvl ? Is it same as was in WoG, sharing all exp to new number of units, or . . . ?
No, it doesn't share. It's common and persistent.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

I`m not sure we understood each other. Lets say you have stack of 200 upgraded Berserkers with +1 speed and initiative (that`s some higher lvl i quess) and you get 100 more berserkers. Does new stack 300 berserkers) also have +1 speed and +1 initiative, or they lose some exp due to bigger number of units ? Do you get my point here ?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I`m not sure we understood each other. Lets say you have stack of 200 upgraded Berserkers with +1 speed and initiative (that`s some higher lvl i quess) and you get 100 more berserkers. Does new stack 300 berserkers) also have +1 speed and +1 initiative, or they lose some exp due to bigger number of units ? Do you get my point here ?
Yes, they will get their bonuses.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Hm . . . seems a bit unbalanced. So we take couple units and get them to high lvl, and after that buy all we can cary and all of them will have experiance already. No mater if new troops haven`t fought any battles. Is there any way to distribute gained exp to all troops? Not just ot give exp lvl`s to new units you just bought in castle/shop
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

It would be strange to be different. You should have upgraded berserkers and normal berserkers in your army at the same time, so you basically waste a slot just to upgrade the normal berserkers.