Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Red Sands

IMPORTANT: The english translation project is outdated currently from the latest version of Red Sands! Use at your own risk! I need to make changes to how Red Sands English project is being handled before I can continue this project. Sorry for the delays and I'll get to work on making the translation compatible with 1.7(.3) as soon as I can! I'll upload a mirror of Red Sands 1.6 in the meantime.

Red Sands is not my mod. I've worked along others on the translation of it. If you do have any issues or experience glitches or bugs you can post here and I'll see how I can help out.

Red Sands - Expansion Campaign

Expansion Description:

One of the most ambitious expansions for King's Bounty: Crossworlds. The development team along with dedicated game fans from the community put their knowledge and talents together to create an astounding expansion that will provide players with a new gaming experience in addition to many more addictive hours of gameplay. New faces, new opportunities, new features and new adventures await you in Teana!

Features:

- A new large-scale adventure in search of the mythical homeland of the Lizardmen, along with many new places to explore.
- More than a dozen new quests that provide valuable insight in the history of the Lizardmen.
- A new race of Undead Lizardmen!
- A new system of recruitment with units being able to gain experience and develop themselves further with levels.
- New unique characteristics for each race.
- A new, unique familiar that can be called in battle, gain experience, and can develop their skills.
- Lots of new characters and dialogues, including many former allies and enemies!
- 30 new and modified items and item sets.
- 15 new units.
- 5 new companions.
- Ability to upgrade your medals up to the 4th level, and much more ...

Red Sands Download
Патч 1.6 (полный дистрибутив)

Official Red Sands Forum + Patch Notes + Downloads
http://forum.1csc.ru/index.php?/topi...D1%82%D1%87-17

OUTDATED: Original Red Sands 1.3 Translation Thread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23485

WARNING! Install the Red Sands mod with only a licensed version of the game 1.3.1! (Build 6170 or in our case: Build 6171)
The developers of the Red Sands mod are not responsible for any bugs or errors when installing the patch on a previous or pirated version.
The international sites are blanked out at time of writing so you would have to find a patch download by other means if you do not have the game on a digital download platform (i.e: Steam) that automatically updates it.

Translation:

Download red_sands_translated only, in the attachments on this thread.

Uninstall any previous Red Sands addons. Make sure there is no red_sands folder in the sessions folder of your King's Bounty Crossworlds installation. Since the English version was only made for 1.3 you must uninstall and do a full installation! I cannot assure that previous save games will be compatible with the latest version.

Download the Russian version of Red Sands 1.6. When prompted to install, point it to your King's Bounty: Crossworlds folder (i.e: ...\Program Files (x86)\1C\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\ or ...\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess for Steam. Not sure about others).

After that, download the attached red_sands_translated file only, extract it into your ...\kings bounty armored princess\sessions\red_sands folder, and overwrite when prompted.

I've not much time to go and test this out but if any issues come up please post on this thread. Likewise if you have time and want to improve upon the writing let me know either here or in PMs and show you how to get the localization files (they're all included) and then incorporate them. If there are game issues, bugs, suggestions, that you'd like to bring to the actual developers of this mod then please go to the Russian discussion forums. You don't have to post in/translate/know Russian, they can understand English as well.

It looks like there's still some work to be done here and there with rewriting sections, so I'll see how far I can get doing rewriting some of these parts. Feedback and input is welcome.

Red Sands Extreme
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25587

Latest Translation Update:

2/1/2012: Grimeleven, the RSE mod developer, is back and so he'll be providing the support for RSE. Red Sands was updated to 1.6.1 (thanks Grimeleven)! However, since it is only the ses file people will not have to EDIT: download anything extra other than the translation file* as this latest translation will include in the 1.6.1 update.

I noticed that some additions were made to certain .lng files. In some cases with the English translation missing these additions (for now), it might appear to freeze up and create an error message behind the game explaining a label is missing. You can then hit retry to continue the game (or just R on your keyboard).

If that happens post it on this thread and I'll fix it ASAP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip red_sands_translated_1_6_1_10.zip (3.28 MB, 1771 views)

Last edited by fillyra; 07-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

It's easy to translate this mod. All file are in one folder.
But :

-You need to know Russian
-And lot of time.

First prerequisites is the major problem.

For your mod you should make a localization folder for all .LNG files and put here rus_XXX.lng and eng_XXX.lng.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

It looks like it`s good mod hope to see it translated soon
I dont know russian so can help with it, but good luck with it ppl.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Hie every1.
I'am the one russian spekaing lead creator of Red Sands.
I do know english, but all out of time.
You can ask me here for assistance.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

How is the text organized? I think automatic translation does a good job nowadays, wasn't the fan manual translated that way?
Maybe, much of the text needs only to be copied pasted; let's assume we find enough volunteers who can split the work in several pieces, so maybe we can have an English version which is playable.

Can you tell us some of the features in Red Sands? When we know what we will have as an end product, there might be a bigger chance in finding volunteers.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

You see, there are realy lot of text, there humor, sarcasms, jokes and some cultural references. I realy don't think, that google tramslate is cappable to outstand such a task.

As far as i know, literaturic translation of the campaingn costs about 300-350 usds. I guess, my free time costs much more.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Phoenix View Post
Can you tell us some of the features in Red Sands? When we know what we will have as an end product, there might be a bigger chance in finding volunteers.
Well then.

There about 15 new playable units, 6 unplayable enemy units, which can be met in the very end of the campaign. Each unit can gain expirience in battles, lvl4 rewards for hero. ultra-beholder Asmadeo, which gain exp in battle too and has it's own level-up system with various upgrades. About 30 new items, 5 companions, about 8 new item sets, new race bonuses for each race (like Adrenaline for Orcs in Orc's March). Huge all-new story which is tainted in main story-line (about 10 hrs of gameplay) with various quests (about 15). And this list is not even half fulled...

As i said already, we spent about 7 months to create this masterpiece.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Wow it`s allot of content, i like what i see here.
So you spend 7 months making this, we`ll give you 7 days to translate it to english and release that version for public OR . . . well there is nothing we can actually do but we would appreciate new mod playable in english
And question : how is individual unit exp related to enemy units ? Do they also advance during game, or all enemy stay on 1 lexp vl ? I referred to this in Adventure mod tread, since this `Red Sands` mod for KB looks allot like `In the wake of Gods` mod for Heroes of might & magic 3.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-28-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

The advance of enemy is mastered by locations difficulty and somehow by your creatures expirience.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Well, it's almost a full add-on, as far as I can see. However, we don't need to translate everything, I think we need to translate only the parts which are an absolut necessity.
So, even if google translate isn't perfect, as long as we can understand the general idea, we can play the game.
I am willing to pay for this mod, I've read about it on the russian forum and it seemes very interesting.