Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 03-28-2022, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc_bayern View Post
I deleted it because it was stupid. I wrote about some feedbacks concerning units' movement speed at the mod especially Bears which are slow creatures and lack of variety in resistances of some identical units like Snakes. Almost all creatures has increased speed in those small arenas and rushing reduces the strategic quality of the game. But you make this mod as you like it and it's easy for me to correct what I like for myself so there is no point to criticize you. The rest of the stuff: balance, new quests, items and so on are awsome.
I don't think tips and criticism were stupid. You see, the essence of the mod in many ways is precisely so that the player cannot easily block the entire arena and keep dangerous units under control. On the contrary, I strive for a situation where the enemy controls the arena, or at least gives the player serious problems. As for the bears, they have always been very easy opponents, which is not quite right, in my opinion.

At the moment I have almost finished making version 1.5 (unfortunately, so far only in Russian), so there in general the passage will be so difficult that it will be possible to completely lose. The enemy will become even smarter and angrier
Old 03-29-2022, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molder View Post
I don't think tips and criticism were stupid. You see, the essence of the mod in many ways is precisely so that the player cannot easily block the entire arena and keep dangerous units under control. On the contrary, I strive for a situation where the enemy controls the arena, or at least gives the player serious problems. As for the bears, they have always been very easy opponents, which is not quite right, in my opinion.

At the moment I have almost finished making version 1.5 (unfortunately, so far only in Russian), so there in general the passage will be so difficult that it will be possible to completely lose. The enemy will become even smarter and angrier
OK. I understand you make battles in this mod to be total mess and players not to aim achieving zero casualties because this will be mission impossible. By the way I don't notice any obstacles blocking the arena like logs for example or many more extra summoning units compare to the vanilla so the control over arena is almost none. I'm curious about changelog of your new version and some of them I may like to apply in my game. Unfortunately leaving Portland the game became insanely difficult for me and must restart it choosing something between hard and impossible. Also I run out of money because I don't like to equip my caracter only with dragons and I'm always testing some of the weaker units. I noticed that the enemy is smarter than the original game - trying to make zero casualty AI constantly hit my weakest unit and that drives me crazy.
p.s. Do you have a link to v1.5? I don't find it in google or vk.

Last edited by fc_bayern; 03-29-2022 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
OK. I understand you make battles in this mod to be total mess and players not to aim achieving zero casualties because this will be mission impossible. By the way I don't notice any obstacles blocking the arena like logs for example or many more extra summoning units compare to the vanilla so the control over arena is almost none. I'm curious about changelog of your new version and some of them I may like to apply in my game. Unfortunately leaving Portland the game became insanely difficult for me and must restart it choosing something between hard and impossible. Also I run out of money because I don't like to equip my caracter only with dragons and I'm always testing some of the weaker units. I noticed that the enemy is smarter than the original game - trying to make zero casualty AI constantly hit my weakest unit and that drives me crazy.
p.s. Do you have a link to v1.5? I don't find it in google or vk.
In my understanding, "mess" is just when a player does whatever his heart desires with an opponent, but this is purely my opinion, I do not pretend to the truth.

In the Dark Side, there are quite a few obstacles in the arenas, just in the future this will be fixed, but for now - it remains from the original.

Yes, the computer is configured just like that (but it is far from complete) - it knows how to inflict unpleasant losses, and on average makes fewer stupid and meaningless moves.

There is no link to version 1.5 yet, because I need at least a few more days to finish it at all. The general list of changes there is very large, and so far I have not organized it so as to write decently.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
There is no link to version 1.5 yet, because I need at least a few more days to finish it at all. The general list of changes there is very large, and so far I have not organized it so as to write decently.
Well then, I intend to pause playing your mod until v1.5 because those so many new things needs my complete devotion. Meanwhile I will test the new improvements of Hirao's mod which is very familiar to me. Do you think to make some minor units' resistance changes for more variety and wider spell usage. For example all your snakes has -10%Fire and -20%Glacial resistance. I would put +20%Fire and -30%Glacial for Red Snake that force players to use not only Fire Arrow and also Cold Grasp in their spellbooks. Finally I want to mention a strange fact that happens to me. First time I play your mod at impossible I rush straight to Portland without clearing Catacombs and Whitehills with very few leadership. When I did my job almost all enemies in Portland was Weak or Slightly Weaker. The second time i tried to take as much possible leadership as I could including from skills and clearing all enemies before entering Portland. I was shocked when I see all enemies - Slightly Stronger or Equal-to-strenght with great variety of new stronger units. Difficulty is the same i'm still keeping my savegames. So AI monsters are adjusted to your current level and leadership in every single map? Sorry I haven't played King's Bounty from a year and I forgot this detail.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well then, I intend to pause playing your mod until v1.5 because those so many new things needs my complete devotion. Meanwhile I will test the new improvements of Hirao's mod which is very familiar to me. Do you think to make some minor units' resistance changes for more variety and wider spell usage. For example all your snakes has -10%Fire and -20%Glacial resistance. I would put +20%Fire and -30%Glacial for Red Snake that force players to use not only Fire Arrow and also Cold Grasp in their spellbooks. Finally I want to mention a strange fact that happens to me. First time I play your mod at impossible I rush straight to Portland without clearing Catacombs and Whitehills with very few leadership. When I did my job almost all enemies in Portland was Weak or Slightly Weaker. The second time i tried to take as much possible leadership as I could including from skills and clearing all enemies before entering Portland. I was shocked when I see all enemies - Slightly Stronger or Equal-to-strenght with great variety of new stronger units. Difficulty is the same i'm still keeping my savegames. So AI monsters are adjusted to your current level and leadership in every single map? Sorry I haven't played King's Bounty from a year and I forgot this detail.
Well, 1.5 will be very soon in Russian, but translation can take months, it's a very complicated process here.
Why should snakes have to be protected from fire damage? In life, they're not
AI monsters are generated one time per new game and are not changing during the plays. No idea what happened there with the same Difficulty.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, 1.5 will be very soon in Russian, but translation can take months, it's a very complicated process here.
Why should snakes have to be protected from fire damage? In life, they're not
AI monsters are generated one time per new game and are not changing during the plays. No idea what happened there with the same Difficulty.
Haha. What about Zombies? In life they are very slow but in game they are faster than Eagles using their abilities. And you are not right, I ment RED Snake, they should be protected from Fire because in nature there are some desert snakes that endure hot sun. Also look some of the first edition of the game(Legions or Crossworlds i don't know for sure) where there are a big variety of protections and weaknesses. Anyway. Why translastion should take so long? You have the base english texts of quests and most of the stuff, you need to translate only the new one. This is not an issue, in few hours I would adjust the new verson with some automatic translation. Besides I'm not in a hurry, replaying the other mod will take me more than a month for sure. So take your time to refine every detail.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Haha. What about Zombies? In life they are very slow but in game they are faster than Eagles using their abilities. And you are not right, I ment RED Snake, they should be protected from Fire because in nature there are some desert snakes that endure hot sun. Also look some of the first edition of the game(Legions or Crossworlds i don't know for sure) where there are a big variety of protections and weaknesses. Anyway. Why translastion should take so long? You have the base english texts of quests and most of the stuff, you need to translate only the new one. This is not an issue, in few hours I would adjust the new verson with some automatic translation. Besides I'm not in a hurry, replaying the other mod will take me more than a month for sure. So take your time to refine every detail.
Zombies are not as real as snakes Moreover, we don't know if it's a desert snake or not.

In any case, believe me, a few percent of damage resistance does not play a big role, it's even strange that you focused on such ordinary units as snakes. And it is in mod that the issue of resistances in a variety of troops has been worked out more than a lot.

The problem is not in the translation itself, but in finding all the places where this translation is needed. Everything is located in very different corners of different files, and you need to find a match for everything.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Zombies are not as real as snakes Moreover, we don't know if it's a desert snake or not.

In any case, believe me, a few percent of damage resistance does not play a big role, it's even strange that you focused on such ordinary units as snakes. And it is in mod that the issue of resistances in a variety of troops has been worked out more than a lot.

The problem is not in the translation itself, but in finding all the places where this translation is needed. Everything is located in very different corners of different files, and you need to find a match for everything.
Don't be so sure! Travel west from Moscow in the so-called liberal world and you will be pleasantly surprised, or unpleasantly. Zombies are everywhere.

Trust me 30% resistance difference is a big deal. And it's not about just snakes, I gave you an example. I mixed all ordinary units: snakes, spiders, bears, fireflies and so on. I like variety in my strategy using a lot of different kind of units. In the previous mod that I was playing I usually added 2 extra reserve slots.

Winrar and folders has a good searching machine and every change apply for the moment. I would help you but my english is not perfect and will make some mistakes.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Don't be so sure! Travel west from Moscow in the so-called liberal world and you will be pleasantly surprised, or unpleasantly. Zombies are everywhere.

Trust me 30% resistance difference is a big deal. And it's not about just snakes, I gave you an example. I mixed all ordinary units: snakes, spiders, bears, fireflies and so on. I like variety in my strategy using a lot of different kind of units. In the previous mod that I was playing I usually added 2 extra reserve slots.

Winrar and folders has a good searching machine and every change apply for the moment. I would help you but my english is not perfect and will make some mistakes.
I appreciated your reference. However, you're right, there really are a lot of zombies here, apparently, at least half.

I'll be more precise. Specifically in my mod, in my experience of all walkthroughs and balance, snakes are an unimportant unit. So specifically for them, 30% of the role does not play.

Searching by dates certainly makes the job easier. But the problem is that you also need to find in the files themselves, for example, the exact line that I changed/added/modified compared to the last version. Since everything is done in a regular notepad, this search cannot be optimized.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Dude, your mod is one of the best I have played. Every single battle is epic. But progressing with the levels the goal to end with no or few casualty became more and more difficult. You mod needs more healers desperately. At least one good healer per rаce. Demon healer - Ocultess is a crap and it's impossible to keep her alive. Her ability should ressurect, not only cure. Undead healer - Necromancer. Remove Shackles ability from him(you have this ability in your spellbook and don't need on him) and replace it with Animate Dead ability. Besides Skeletons and Zombies are very fragile and need to revive them constantly. Orc healer - Shaman is good. He has Dance Axes and Protective Totem which are enough but should be used by players more than once per battle.
Finally I should ask some assistance how to complete the quest ''Motley Army''. I gave the trader 2 runes per kind and buy an army from him but the quest doesn't end. What does he means to hire ''small mercenary troops''? I buy several times what I need from him.