Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Default Beyond 414 wish list

Russian:
1. Return the ptabs so they can be used in straight winged IL-2, make it available by a date around june-july1943. Many of the straight winged IL-2 were still around.

2. R-5 is still a gutless wonder, wont climb out and overheats even at radiator 4 in a climb with 60%fuel and 6 fab 50. Also R-5 rear gunner dosnt have to change drums.

3. RS 132 rockets need to be installed on I-16 and others if historically correct, this entry is in the games planes folders.

German:
1. We have AB 250 for Bf110C, why not for E and F models?

2. Need strafing pods with bomb loads for Ju88 a4 and they need to be added to Ju87B and D.

3. Bf110G nite fighter and Ju88 C-6.

British:
1. Tropical filters for Hurricanes on desert maps
2. 40mm tank busters MK IVD etc.
3. Hawker Typhoon

Last edited by stugumby; 04-14-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: ad ons
Old 04-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Russian:

2. R-5 is still a gutless wonder, wont climb out and overheats even at radiator 4 in a climb with 60%fuel and 6 fab 50. Also R-5 rear gunner dosnt have to change drums.
Unfortunately, the R-5's FM can't be much improved because it has become quite close to the real one. I have discovered, during beta testing, that the major flaw of the pre4.14 R-5's FM was that its lift capacity wasn't enough for it to fly to its service ceiling of 6200 m, being only able to fly up to 5200 m. Following tests had shown that it could finally fly properly without overheating too much. I've also found that the optimal power setting is 75-85% throttle to keep RPM above 1300 and prevent overheating. Best cruise IAS is between 145km/h and 160 km/h depending on your bombload.

If you want to compare the current R-5's performance to the real one you can download the original manual here :

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...5-manual.5243/

The manual states that the R-5 should be able to climb to 300 m after takeoff at full throttle in 25s without bombs. I've done some tests with the corrected FM during the beta, and I've managed to get to that altitude with 100% fuel.
Furthermore, the maximum water temperature is 75°C as indicated in the manual, so it is normal that the R-5 overheats rapidly.

I hope this helps you.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Those are about the same i use in fmb. if air started its kinde decent but from ground sttart it climbs slowly, i usually drop off to 82% just after take off and try to make a shallow gradual climb, and apply radiator 2 right away. Interesting plane, seems kinda sluggish with max loads etc.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, it is really sluggish. I remember reading somewhere that R-5 pilots complained a lot about its airspeed. I can't find the interview I've read but the pilot said something like "The R-5's airspeed? Oh it was awful!". In the same interview he also said that they couldn't load a lot of bombs without draining the fuel tanks to be able to takeoff.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Wishlist so soon after 4.14 release?

Why not then...

1, Flyable Ju-88C6, pleaseeeee!!!
2, Hurricane I, later british version with 12lb boost (basically only FM change)
3, Flyable B-25C. Needs only instrument panel change for pilot cockpit, sources easily available. Bombardier and turret cockpits can be ported straight from J version, ventral gunner would work just like rear turret on He-177.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Please...

1. Consider "official" adaptation of the Graphics Extender mod by slibenli. (Available and extensively discussed at SAS forum).

2. Delete un-historical objects from the maps. At least those which were mentioned hundreds times by users since the first release, as breakwaters in the Sevastopol bay.

3. Add second crew member view to Il-2 field mod and to Beaufighter (there might be other aircraft with the same issue?)
It's a shame that such good aircraft as Beau remains blind for so many years (introduced in 2004, I guess?). If cockpit model is too complex, just add the view without the cockpit, it will be of great help.

4. Consider to add mirror to Do 335. It was installed as early as on V2 prototype and I assume it was not removed later from pre-production/production models. Hopefully I'm not mistaken.

5. The last but not the least... Sign Peace Agreement with SAS and other modders and go ahead together. Not as one team (which is impossible and counter-productive) but as diverse, creative and friendly community.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
Please...

1. Consider "official" adaptation of the Graphics Extender mod by slibenli. (Available and extensively discussed at SAS forum).
if author of Graphics Extender will be so kind to give a permission to use his work ...

in fact yes ... with Slibenli Old GrandPa Il2 looks even more nice and impressive than some Nextgen Aviasims... i look on his work and is really Beautifull work ...

Last edited by Sita; 04-14-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
2. Delete un-historical objects from the maps. At least those which were mentioned hundreds times by users since the first release, as breakwaters in the Sevastopol bay.
Can you please tell in which maps are these unhistorical objects?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Can you please tell in which maps are these unhistorical objects?
As I mentioned, breakwaters in Sevastopol bay - at the entrance. Crimea and Black Sea map. This is the main sore in my eye as I grew there and I watched how those breakwaters were constructed in 1970s.

But there are other unhistorical objects and features. Users discussed them extensively when the community was alive in 2000s. I remember that Stalingrad and Kuban maps were mentioned, may be others.

P.S. Crimea was mapped wrong in many other respects but I understand it is complicated to correct the coastline, etc. This is something independent map makers were doing. Toobone and Nowekat works (posted on SAS forum) come to mind.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Support for 1536x1536 textures

I really fell to be obliged to remind about additional variants for some planes, that are urgently needed and absolutely crucial for an early war scenarios:

Bf 109 E-1
Bf 109 E-3
Bf 110 C-1
Bf 110 C-3
He 111 H-1, or H-2 early (3x MG 15 instead of 5x)
He 111 P

They seems to be easy to implement. Because one or two updates before a whole Bf 110 family was created, it seems to be even more important to complete that family.