Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-15-2018, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Is the HC on Jerneland the guy guarding the other castle just across the starting point? If it was him, then the level and difficulty of the encounter are ok.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Yes it was him. The story about him as the inventor of the pirate flag is true according to Google...
Old 08-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

But then I wonder, is it fair that eg. Leisner the Superfly has level 18, attack 2, and its 200 Dragonflies do 5000 damage to my 40 Dragonflies that have just done 100 damage to them. Amelie is at level 15 and has attack 11. Both have about the same defense. That battle cannot be won. Every enemy attack wipes out one of my armies.

Last edited by Erkilmarl; 08-15-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Hm... I did the fly on HARD, with a some loses, but won. The level of the hero is just a number, does not effect how strong he is. It is the Attack, Def, Int, Mana, spells and resistances etc that I program him that matters. He would be just as strong if he was a level 2 hero but with same stats.

I'll think about it. But perhaps try him a little later? Anyway, I have noted him as an observation.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

I just found that the way to Upper Trent is behind a monster group. My advancement with all this "normal" stuff has been smooth.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

There is also another way to upper Trent....
Old 08-19-2018, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Yes I see it now.

Smooth but not easy. Amelie is at level 20 now. I have won both Old Bill and Superfly. I needed Phantom spell, summoner troops and a well developed dragon for the fly. I think you can leave it as it is, dradonflies doing easily 5000 – 6000 damage. It is beatable even by me.

It is a wicked thing to put chests behind enemy troops (that is, a very good idea.)

It is a good idea, too, to have two ways to Upper Trent, one short guarded by lethal troops at first and one long and doable. Worldbuilding has been very good so far. I haven’t yet felt that a landscape would have been familiar from Crossworlds.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Bill I have made easier though and will look at the fly. Especially because u are playing at normal.

How was the hero fight at the windmills in lower Trent? U need to fight him for a main quest and to open the cellar underground in lower Trent...

And the orc guard at the short route to upper Trent?

I didn't reuse any Xworld maps, only a few arenas. So thx!
Old 08-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I forgot my difficulty... the hero at the windmills is a tough one, mostly because he casts this spell that I don't have right now, was it Geysir, every round. I suffered more losses than in any of the recent battles. Archmages were completely wiped out. The orc hero was ok after I had gained a level or two in Dungeons and in Upper Trent.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Yes it is geysir the windmill hero casts. Should it be with a little less creatures?