Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

The statue I mentioned was a Statue of the Conqueror, they aren't randomized, are they? But anyway, as I checked it now I didn't experience any trouble moving there. So I don't know what happened.

I could use the link for new version and I'll try to obtain winrar.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

I meant creatures are randomized... hehe... misunderstanding, np. Uploading now and mail u.

Paladin: Instead of Scouting as the starting skill he now has the first in the middle tree (extra rage/mana against undead-demons). It makes more sense for a paladin imo. And helpful early on!

Last edited by raknefne; 08-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

I could use one more tester. Isn't there somebody out there? Only Erkihlmarl has responded to my Trent posts, isn't there anyone playing KB anymore???
Old 08-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Erkihlmarl:
Medal system is adjusted. Plz have an eye on it if it is balanced. The strategian is 600 leadership when maxed, I lowered it for several reasons, one is that it isn't sooo crucial to get it maxed so fast. In many fights I had loses, sometimes I used eggs for the more difficult fights which results in loses. This was on the hard difficulty.

I testet the file u sent me, after fixing the alchemist bug, he throws fire potions with no crash now.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-11-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Update
Old 08-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

All right, if there even are more casual players like me, they might want to have more of the level four units like Royal Thorns and Griffins, of which on the first island were only 3 - 4. I could use almost twice as much on the next two islands. The same concerns Paladins, of which 6 seems to be fixed number. Demonologists can be found more than needed, but I guess that's just luck.A few more would be nice. I have to use those top units to proceed smoothly - but have you made adjustments to some units? Should I test a greater variety of them?
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Is the dragon's egg faster now? I seem to recall it took two turns to burst open in the vanilla game.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Erkilmarl:
- the units for hire in jerneland: there's a certain randomness, so sometimes it is demoness, other times Evil Beholder etc. I've increased the numbers to hire, but won't add more of each type, should push you to use other strategies too... to survive... but perhaps 1 extra hut in the 2nd island, maybe? In the first 2 islands, more troops and better ones will be added after certain quests. In general when I mod I also try to push players to make new strategists to move forward instead of always the strong level 4 units like Paladin, Royal Griffin, Demonologist.

- the only changes to units I have made is a little balance and mostly in the human race. To make Priest and Knight more attractive for instance. Inkvisitor only has 2 charges of the rage/bless thing instead of 3 for instance. So just play, don't have to think about testing units. The knight for instance have 1 charge of Run but only with +1 to speed once. I was planning making a list of changes one day...

- Dragon Egg: I haven't touched the Pet skills. I know some of the skills changes the rest time depending on their level.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

To Erkilmarl:
Did you try out a boss like Kraken or the Turtle - I suppose you need to be around level 8-9 for Kraken and 6-9 for Turtle. And did you try one of the Heroic Challenges?

Generally the testing is more about balance, like strength of bosses, enemies, amount/versatiles of creatures for hire and stuff to find. I've fixed most of the possible bugs with quests, scenary etc. (7-9-13)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

So far I've tried the old hero (Bill?) on the second island. About at level 10 and he seems to be impossible. He makes too much damage and have too much resistance that I can't just make enough damage. I don't know if a few levels more would make any difference. At least editing 1000 more leadeship and more troops didn't have any effect. Or will Amelie's level have much impact, like it does in many RPG:s? I can try again later.

Kraken and Turtle are doable as they are. I did neglect them. Now I see that the experience I receive will make the game little less challenging than it has been. Also I notice that after I complete the quest on Sprudne, there are more troops for hire, so the amount of troops seems to be ok. There's plenty of stuff to be found, more isn't needed, and neither less. It's great fun to find things even after I've once gone through an area.

Last edited by Erkilmarl; 08-15-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

There is an easier heroic battle on Jerneland did u do him? I had suspect the HC at sprudne was too hard. I look into it. He is stronest the first 3 rounds (hero info tell u about combat info) . Yes it is mage Bill from the Legend game.

The first bosses give good reward in exp to encourage doing them early.

Good to hear about looting.