Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 07-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation TRENT - - - Testers wanted!!

The Trent War is finally finished. It's a completely new campaign with new story, quests and maps, I'd say 55% of the length of the original Crossworld game.

I have tested it myself, but there are normally small bugs in a new game and perhaps testers have different eyes on something, so before releasing it I'm looking for 2 testers for the first playthru. Quests/story etc I have tested in each map if they work, and also the biggest bugs are removed (7-9-13). I recommend playtesting in max HARD difficulty (=210%) in case something is too hard...

The boss strength can be adjusted in your current game, in case some are too strong. I have no clue about the finale boss, lizardman boss, I weakened it because it is a shorter game. The test will show that. A lot of the test will be balance issues. IMO the game should get hardest in the end.

You can read about the mod here in the forum.

All bugs or comments, you can write here in this topic, in this way other testers can comment too.

I have done most of the modding and mapmaking, Terroin has helped a little as well as making the fun creature sounds, Erkihlmarl has done spellchecking (we both have English as 2nd language, a test might help on that).

Let me know if you use steam or not, windows 10 or not, since my earlier mod Bonfire had issues with that and want to fix that before a release.

The mod will be installed like an extra campaign in Crossworld.

erkihlmarl and I are testing now.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-02-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: updating
Old 08-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

When we are finished with the first playthru I write again for the final test. I just wonder how many is still playing ??? I mean with the lack of respons... anyway, I'm still having fun with the KB games, love it.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-05-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

I have Windows 10 and Steam. I changed difficulty from hard to normal and still this mod is very challenging. I'm still on the first island. I was going to say that everything is otherwise going fine, but now I noticed that Alchemists may cause the game to crash.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Good to hear Win10 works just fine. I haven't had problems with Alchemist in the enemy army. I only change stats on them regarding their damage with potions, which I increased a bit. Was it enemy alchemist or your own? In earlier test games I had crashes in the snow area... it was mostly in battle but was fixed by adding a music theme which I had left out. I will wait looking it over until further test.

I have added more stuff to pick up on the first 4 islands, in my test their were too little. Also a few flags in Jerneland and the next Sprudne Islands especially Crystals and Scrolls. Compared to vanilla their is less altars with Attack/Defense/Intellect, a lot of them are heavily guarded by a boss, hero or a Heroic Challenge. That can be changed ofc, but I prefer they most of them are at stronger enemies so you feel more rewarded.

I have added some map randomization like in Bonfire. The enemies move a lot more than in Bonfire - I figured out to make them follow certain paths. I have learnt a lot about the editor by making maps for Bonfire and Trent. The crashes in the editor is workable now. It is like an old lady, but if you treat the lady fine...

Did you find a way to open Trent.kfs winrar file to replace the files I sent? The files will give more exp bonus for the first 2 bosses. You will be 1-2 levels higher with the change after both fights.

You should be around level 9 when Jerneland is cleared - but I couldn't do it before doing some fights on the next island.

About difficulty, it's easy to adjust, but let's talk about that later. Now it is 125% - 170% - 210% - 250% perhaps it should be 100% - 150% - 200% - 250% ???
In my testgame, I always have to be on my toes, a few fights are no brainer, but mostly I had to think and in new ways. I met an army with just 4 stacks (3 was Repair Droids, 1 Demoness). I was using new
strategy by casting lvl3 slow on 1 droid until it was defeated, and moved on. In 40% of the fights I lose some creatures. Maybe it is normal against droids for other players, don't know, I haven't used that strategy before.

What class are you playing? I'm testing with a paladin on hard.

I might add an extra dungy in the 2nd map, we will see.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-06-2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: updating, more.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Alchemists were my own and the problem happened in a snowy area, on sand they seem to perform fine.

Nope, I couldn't open the winrar file. I'll just have to wait.

I may not be the best to talk about difficulty. I never play on impossible. But it may be a good idea to lower the easy and normal level difficulty. I'm playing with Paladin, too. I often use two levels of Glory, but here all three are necessary at level 5.

You asked about the amount of troops on sale. For me they may be too low. At level 5 I've already bought all Priests, Goblin Shamans and Beholders.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Crash bug: My guess is that it isnt alchemist but the location. Could u send me a saved game if you have it, and descripe where exactly it crashes?

Jerneland: I'll increase the creature numbers for hire.

Difficulty: Will be 100-150-200-250%

I only developed Glory to lvl2 in my game. Ofc it depends on the conditions, they vary, but ofc I know the game hehe, as the creator...
Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

I'll send it to you by email. I land and fight the army represented as a Royal Snake. When Alchemists try to use the fire bomb, the game crashes. Btw. it's cramped around the statue there behind the snake, but manageable.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

Cramped. Can u say more
Old 08-07-2018, 04:18 AM
Approved Member

It is difficult to move there. I have to touch the statue from the left side and then I have to use the arrow keys to move out from there.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

Ok. I'll check it, and the alchemist. I think I found the bug with alchmist, now it works fine.

I'll change diffi to 100% - 140% - 190% - 250%, and make the level up a little faster. 11% faster on easy and 5% on impossible.

I could send a new link to beta2, but then u would have to restart... what do you think?

I have added more stuff to pick up, more exp from bosses and early altars etc.

This statue with cramps..: is it one of the dwarven statues in the snow? there are a big and small one. You mentioned a snake army, but it is randomized, so in my game it was different creatures. I tried running around these two statues, but didn't get stucked... so??

I will have a look on the medal system, since the game is shorter than vanilla it should be faster to optain.

About replacing files in Trent.kfs as we discused in mails: I tried downloading the Trent from the link I mailed u, and I had no problems opening Trent.kfs. You can get winrar free versions online, which I think is the problem - in case we need to replace files in the future...

Last edited by raknefne; 08-07-2018 at 09:52 AM.