Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

First Screen shot, thats a Dam, what map is that on, or something else new.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
First Screen shot, thats a Dam, what map is that on, or something else new.
Its on Donbass map, made by Oknevas, and adopt for patch by him.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Old 03-29-2018, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Looks interesting, lovely map and rail road round table etc. Always something to keep me hopefull etc. Good work TD and thanks for posting.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
The Russians have such hard design types, no sense of grace, even the il-2's in the back ground screen shot, (in_case you have never seen a il-2 ), the LaGG's, and the Mig's till that one from 42', functional, but almost intentionally devoid of any feminine lines.
I think that's more design choices by Antonov and his disciples, as well as the tendency for 1930's aircraft designers to create aircraft which look like railroad cars. IMO, the Yak-1 -3, -7, -9, series (first designed 1939, flew 1940) are some of the most graceful-looking aircraft of the period.

Anyhow, I'm just happy for more content, especially because it will feature some of the war's forgotten, unglamorous "ugly ducklings".
Old 04-01-2018, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

Hi!! Great work! Thanks a lot!!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
I think that's more design choices by Antonov and his disciples, as well as the tendency for 1930's aircraft designers to create aircraft which look like railroad cars. IMO, the Yak-1 -3, -7, -9, series (first designed 1939, flew 1940) are some of the most graceful-looking aircraft of the period.

Anyhow, I'm just happy for more content, especially because it will feature some of the war's forgotten, unglamorous "ugly ducklings".
Well, Antonov designed just gliders in 1930s and assisted Yakovlev a bit. By the way, it was him who worked on improvements of Yak series in 1943-1945.
He was also known for somewhat controversial remarks about aircraft "beauty". In one of his book he wrote that beautiful airplane flies better. Yet in one of the interviews asked about alleged "ugliness" of one of his transport planes, he responded: "Functional is beautiful".

But back to the topic.
Yes, kudos to TD for making this bird available for flight and sea navigation (what a boat!).
More ugly ducklings the better.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlee View Post
this bird available for flight and sea navigation (what a boat!).
in late version of MBR will be RPK2 ... i mean if set on map 42 ( or more late year) on pilot panel you will have radio navigation gauge ...

Old 04-03-2018, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

Default A technical question

When an airplane is used to be taken through a road, it is necessary to have certain caution with the different unevenness of the ground. In most cases, if the plane is tail dragger, and it meets a slope of the ground, it hits the ground damaging the propeller. When using a tricycle landing gear airplane, this effect is less damaging to the aircraft. In the case of an amphibious airplane, as is the case of the MBR, is it possible to go from water to dry land without causing a collision between these two surfaces?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

in fact MBR2 wasn't amphibious airplane at 100 persent meaning of this word ...
MBR was or float ( boat i mean ) version .. or Gear ( wheel/Ski version ..)
for MBR wasn't plan to take off from water surface with attached wheels or ski...

it's not a PBY on which you can up and down gears depends of plase where you want to landing ...

but i think you can make successfull landing MBR to ground on boat .... and with some risk you can try land on water with gear ... but it will be some kind emergency landing ...